should i withdraw if i can? (1 Viewer)

Mae808

HSC
N/A
so i know this isnt about the HSC or whatever but in my first year of uni rn n i have two assessments due last friday but i asked for an extension that was due yesterday but i still submitted or barely strated cause i truly do not know wo to do it n im failing my subjects but i rlly rlly don;t know how to do it cause its too hard n i dont have any notes to look at so if i can withdraw should i? ik ill still have to pa for it but at least i won't fail n then i just won;t return next smester cause uni is not my thing but i also dont know what else to do with my life.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry to hear that. If you strongly believe that university is not for you, then I think that discontinuing your studies would be a rational option, as it would allow you to relieve the pressure that is currently on you, instead of a potentially futile attempt to address unfavourable performance, which would only serve to keep that pressure, not to mention that you have now incurred the costs of the units that you are taking since census date has passed, regardless of your results in your units.

An alternative option would be to temporarily suspend your university studies instead of discontinuing them. This would allow you to take a break from university for a semester (or longer), during which you can reconsider your options, without potentially rushing into discontinuing your studies. However, this is only if you still have hope that you can turn things around in your favour.

If you end up deciding to leave university, there are other options through which you can still receive an education and start a career in a field that you are interested in. While university is typically one of the better options, it is not always the only option. Based on this, you may wish to enrol in a TAFE course (such as a certificate or a diploma) that is relevant to your university studies or that you might be interested in. TAFE courses are generally less demanding than degrees, providing you with an opportunity to manage your time and studies more effectively, and ultimately gain a formal qualification. Coincidentally, I was having a conversation with my colleague yesterday about his education and career. He is in a similar situation, having previously been enrolled in a Bachelor of Arts but later discontinuing his degree due to being unable to cope with university. He has instead decided to pursue a TAFE qualification with the aim of properly preparing himself for university studies.

I hope this helps! :D

cossine

HSC
so i know this isnt about the HSC or whatever but in my first year of uni rn n i have two assessments due last friday but i asked for an extension that was due yesterday but i still submitted or barely strated cause i truly do not know wo to do it n im failing my subjects but i rlly rlly don;t know how to do it cause its too hard n i dont have any notes to look at so if i can withdraw should i? ik ill still have to pa for it but at least i won't fail n then i just won;t return next smester cause uni is not my thing but i also dont know what else to do with my life.
I think Jimmy Smith given good answer. However I thought will add couple things.

It may be the notes that you are looking for can be found online such as StuDocu. Perhaps there is a online textbook that you buy or perhaps an online course on Udemy or Coursera. It is bit hard to give advice as it is not clear what you're degree is and what subjects you are doing.

Normally getting started at university is quite difficult as the teachers often don't explain things clearly. Another option is face-to-face tutoring to help you with your subjects. E.g. tutoring.

Anyhow if you want to drop do that.

All the best,
Cossine

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
TAFE does sound like a good option for now - allows you to get used to independent study, gain skills for the work force, work part time and have some breathing space to work out what you want to do in the longer term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)