Should I..? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ok so a job opportunity has come up near me, at a salvation army store. I'm thinking of applying, since I really need a job right now, but I'm kind of wavering because obviously they're pretty heavily into the jesus business and I'm most definitely not.

Idk I'm in two minds about it, because I need a job but I'm not sure if applying to work for an organisation that is "committed to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ through both word and action" (their words) is a good idea considering my general opinion of christianity and organised religion in general :/

Should I apply or not? I'm leaning towards not but I'll get some other opinions first :)

YO!

Banned
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Ok so a job opportunity has come up near me, at a salvation army store. I'm thinking of applying, since I really need a job right now, but I'm kind of wavering because obviously they're pretty heavily into the jesus business and I'm most definitely not.

Idk I'm in two minds about it, because I need a job but I'm not sure if applying to work for an organisation that is "committed to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ through both word and action" (their words) is a good idea considering my general opinion of christianity and organised religion in general :/

Should I apply or not? I'm leaning towards not but I'll get some other opinions first :)
Well, aren't workers for the Salvos volunteers?

Why would you want to work for free?

YO!

Banned
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I figured if it was a voluntary position they would have said so in the ad. It did cross my mind though.
I'm pretty certain it's a volunteer position, it's implied by the business.

Get a job at McDonalds or something.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
They actually do employ people in paid positions too sometimes. Especially with programs like with young people, dropped out of school, to give them an income and learn skills.

Evilo

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
They actually do employ people in paid positions too sometimes. Especially with programs like with young people, dropped out of school, to give them an income and learn skills.
+1

They need people to organise shit - but if its something low like 'store worker' then its volunteer.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Evilo said:
+1

They need people to organise shit - but if its something low like 'store worker' then its volunteer.
Thanks

It was just a retail assistant job. No way am I doing it voluntarily, I'll just keep on applying to other places like I have been.

Lucky I googled the address/phone number in the ad before I made a decision, would have been nice of them to advertise who they were and not make it sound like your usual "checkout chick wanted" ad :eek:

Meh.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Go for the job, if they tell you you're not getting paid and it's a volunteer job, just flash your bum at them and tell them that this is my bum, Jesus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)