Should I....? (1 Viewer)

Come at me

HSC
N/A
ok I have picked ext 2 and the very first topic; complex numbers is so effin hard for me.....

are other topics easier ??? Should I keep 4 unit? :'(

funstudy

HSC
Exactly what I thought. Probably shed a few tears over Ext 2 lol gonna be honest. However I received a Band 6 in my HSC and got a decent mark in my internal school assessments. Know that 4u maths is probably the hardest subject (apart from latin or some shit) so that an average raw mark of 60-70% willl guarantee you Band 6 in the HSC. That's why they say scaling is crazy. See how you go in assessments. It's a hard subject though= you spend more time on it than ANY other subject and still can only get a raw mark that's pretty low

funstudy

HSC
Complex numbers is considered the 'easiest'. Brace yourself for mechanics :S I had no effing idea what that was about. Luckily, not that much mechanics in the 2012 HSC :)
You may consider integration a bit easier, and perhaps even Harder 3U purely because you don't have to learn any new skills, however it can get extremely hard as there is no limit to how hward it can get

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
ok I have picked ext 2 and the very first topic; complex numbers is so effin hard for me.....

are other topics easier ??? Should I keep 4 unit? :'(
You should be more specific. What -in particular- about complex numbers is difficult. If you're stumbling at weird geometry vector addition multiplication questions, then yes... that is difficult. If you're struggling with adding z to w, then... maybe 4u is a bit out of reach.

GOD_OF_HSC_2013

HSC
Well - Complex Numbers is one of the hardest topics in the 4-Unit course to master so don't be down on yourself.

Keep it until your next test and see how you go.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Complex numbers is considered the 'easiest'. Brace yourself for mechanics :S I had no effing idea what that was about. Luckily, not that much mechanics in the 2012 HSC :)
You may consider integration a bit easier, and perhaps even Harder 3U purely because you don't have to learn any new skills, however it can get extremely hard as there is no limit to how hward it can get
it really depends on the person. for me, i grasped the concept of mechanics really quickly compared to complex numbers which still confused me until the end of the year. i also found the other topics more enjoyable than complex numbers.

i dont think that it's a bad idea to reconsider keeping 4u maths. it might do you justice. think about how much time you are spending on it at the moment, and whether you think that time could be better used on confusing on your other subjects.

i have some questions for you:

1. are you enjoying 4u maths, despite it being difficult?
2. what do you want to get out of doing 4u maths? what was your original intention of taking the subject in the first place?

good luck ! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)