Should Nathan Rees resign or be sacked? (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
alexdore993 said:
Nah, don't listen to Trefoil.

Sometimes he's sensible, other times he goes off on his left-wing rants... just don't catch him in a bad mood.

And Trefoil, I feel we've had this discussion. We ended up, last time, agreeing that Rudd need to stimulate the economy and that this would cost large sums of money. We also agreed that he could have done it through more sensible means. (And by agree, I mean, I argued and you diverted the argument.)
Oh God. Not you again.

Lentern

HSC
Trefoil said:
What an utterly paranoid generalisation.

Are you suggesting instead that the Government perhaps sit on the taxpayer-generated surplus instead of helping the taxpayers it belongs to and who they are accountable to? :rolleyes:
Yes, if anything they should have raised taxes. It was not the governments who decided it was a good idea to live off a dangerous amount of debt it was the individuals and now those who couldn't wait until they'd actually earn't their creature comforts should get their just desserts.

georgefren

HSC
Wait a minute ... none of this has anything to do with Rees as a state premier?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Re: Bookies takes bets on union boss as premier

They have nothing to lose.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

They should save Robertson for the opposition years.

Rainie

HSC

Time shall reveal everything.

boris

Banned
HSC

labor should concede defeat and concentrate on harm minimisation for the benefit of the party

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

boris said:
labor should concede defeat and concentrate on harm minimisation for the benefit of the party
That's probably the worst possible thing for the NSW Labour party right now, so I can't see them taking your advice. ;)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

Betfair, please hurry up and open betting for the 2011 state elections.

Oh wait, Liberal odds would probably open at $1.01. :(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Sportingbet
Liberal 1.45
Labor 2.60

Centrebet
COALITION 1.55
AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY 2.35

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I dont even want to campaign with NSW Labor for the lulz anymore

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

Rafy said:
Sportingbet
Liberal 1.45
Labor 2.60

Centrebet
COALITION 1.55
AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY 2.35
Pretty good odds for Labor, tbh.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Musk said:
1. Its Labor
You say that as if it's a bad thing. Australians have a history of voting Labour more often than not. I guess to a Liberal nutjob like yourself it might be somehow 'evil' to have a functioning multi-party democratic system, but I'm not seeing it.

2. Better now than a generation out of office
No, that's how democracies work. You call an election and then you abide by the result until next election, unless there's an emergency (e.g. confidence/supply), which there isn't.

3. Now since your one of those "I'll never vote Liberal in my life", I am amazed as to how retarded and the lack of common sense you have considering the level of corruption the NSW government. Whiltlam got sacked for less
Um, are you a total moron or does it require daily effort?

I've said more than once on this board that I'm voting Libs in NSW 2011 (and federal, too, if this Internet censorship passes). Stop going absolutely schizo at me every time I refuse to stoop to petty name calling with regards to Labour - it's getting tiresome.

4. I bet you do arts, thats a common sense lacking degree
I do computer science and chemistry.

spiny norman

HSC

Musk said:
3. Now since your one of those "I'll never vote Liberal in my life", I am amazed as to how retarded and the lack of common sense you have considering the level of corruption the NSW government. Whiltlam got sacked for less
As someone who is an "I'll never vote Liberal in my life (unless they drastically alter their political philosophy)" type, I'll say there are shit, corrupt people in the NSW government. However, there are shit corrupt people in the Opposition also. So, given that the people on the Labor side come closer to sharing my ideology to those on the Liberal side, I feel more inclined to vote for them. Because in terms of compotency I see no difference.

You probably see this as my being a Labor hack (as though every person here who's always going to support the Liberals are somehow exempt from such a charge), but it makes sense to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)