Should polygamous marriages be legal? (4 Viewers)

Should polygamous marriages be legal??

• YES.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I would suggest that you read them out to me, but wives should be neither seen nor heard. Neatly arranged and waiting or me with a coffee (two teaspoons coffee, 1.5 sugar, 1cm milk on top) and a glass of orange juice each morning will do fine, thank you.
Will do Mr. Moll.

(but srsly, what do you want me to do with the magazines? ship them to UNSW with your name on a Post-It? haha)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Will do Mr. Moll.

(but srsly, what do you want me to do with the magazines? ship them to UNSW with your name on a Post-It? haha)
Oh, were you serious? I didn't actually think you would.

luv2luvurmama

HSC
In a true free society one would put a claim that if 2+ adults consent to the idea of a polygamous marriage, it should be deemed allowable.
There are many societies across the globe which have progressed where a man can marry more than 1 wife (fucking LOL). In some states across USA, we see 1 man with as many as 5 wife's.

Discuss the pros and cons.

kthanksbye
No

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
It's permitted in Islam. But it's also stated in the book of Exodus. I'm not sure if the jews still follow it but i know christians do. Exodus is the second book of the Jewish Torah and of the Christian Old Testament. In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry more than one woman. I don't see why muslims are just stereotyped to polygamy.

BibleGateway.com - PassageLookup: Exodus 21:10;

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
i'm jewish ^_^

Last edited:
HSC
k.
You can be Laundry Wife. I shall dub thee Elle.
Now I need Kitchen Wife, Bedroom Wife, Garden Wife, Bathroom Wife and Miscellaneous Wife.
I call bedroom :shy:

I notice you haven't joined the heterosexual club yet.

But yes, I have no problem with polygamous marriages. As long as women are also entitled to have multiple husbands. And men/women are able to have multiple husbands/wives also.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
As long as they don't form cults whereby the kids are subjected to weird sexual abuse and then forced to marry at 13 (idk it happens in Utah), then whatever eh.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I call bedroom :shy:

I notice you haven't joined the heterosexual club yet.

But yes, I have no problem with polygamous marriages. As long as women are also entitled to have multiple husbands. And men/women are able to have multiple husbands/wives also.
I'm a proud member of the Asexual club.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
So long as the members of marriage are all in consent of allowing the additional person(s) into their marriage contract then it should be fine. The moral panic invoked about children is just fear mongering; children cannot consent and thus children can only be involved in illegal marriages. It's also only a problem in the Mormon compounds of Utah because of the very small and relatively closed confines where it becomes difficult to monitor and regulate.

Plural marriage also solves several problems where, in a plural marriage, persons may not be able to assert custodial rights in the case of divorce or death despite being a (albeit non-biological) parent to a child of the marriage. There are also issues with power of attorney and visiting rights in the hospital and so on. I don't see why we shouldn't have it as a legal marriage since it's going to happen anyway, especially within certain religious denominations, and there are benefits to legislating it.

However, I find myself uneasy on the notion of focusing so exclusively on men and 'their' wives, by virtue of the modern marriage everyone in the marriage would be wedded to each other irrespective of romantic status. It also can be in any gender mix as either men or women could have multiple partners of either gender according to their orientation, personal relationship and consent of their partner(s).

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You know who i'm like? I'm like Noah
And bos? It used to be a decent sort of place for thoughtful moderates, but it has decidedly given itself over to evil in recent times; it's now like Sodom and Gomorrah
Now folk, you can carry on if you wish - that's your right - or you can join me in the ark of salvation
The time for words is drawing to a close
Judgement day looms on the horizon

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You know who i'm like? I'm like Noah
And bos? It used to be a decent sort of place for thoughtful moderates, but it has decidedly given itself over to evil in recent times; it's now like Sodom and Gomorrah
Now folk, you can carry on if you wish - that's your right - or you can join me in the ark of salvation
The time for words is drawing to a close
Judgement day looms on the horizon
I'm sure if I tongue your 'pagan circle' the earth mother shall save us.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
only guys would agree on this

i think marriage should be illegal in the first place
honestly, whats the point of being legally binded to someone?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Oo, kinky

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm sure if I tongue your 'pagan circle' the earth mother shall save us.
You in particular are one of the more vulgar hedonists to come along in a while. I hope that by contrasting against your confronting ease with sin others are awoken to the shame and evil of what they witness and speak.
Indeed, I blame you for corrupting silver persian, whom iron loved. Where there were once were seeds of growth upon him marking high points of faith, piety and missionary endevour, today only ashes remain

I thought embers were starting to glow in you, bos.
Alas the time for me to leave you draws near...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)