Should teachers be allowed to administer corporal punishment? (1 Viewer)

yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • Only in special circumstances

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Teachers should be given training in corporal punishment to ensure they don't go too far.

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters

Scissors

HSC
They were talking about this on dr.phil, and dr.phil, being the usual cunt that he is, automatically took the moral high ground even though it looked as if he was on the 'pro corporal punishment' lady's side.

God I can't stand "dr" phil.

Anyway, what do you think? Should teachers be allowed to hit kids who misbehave?

Personally, I say yes. I remember the teachers at Saturday school using corporal punishment on me, and even though they went a bit far sometimes, I think it disciplined me and everybody else in the school quite well.

Anyway, tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
No. I do, however, think that parents should be allowed to physically puinish their children (within reason).

A smart smack on the bottom can accomplish a lot more than "go to your room!" (and it certainly did for me).

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
No. Definitely not.

Not only do I question the effectiveness of corporal punishment (especially for kids with learning disabilities like dyslexia, ADHD or autism), but I question the judgement of teachers. I've known a great many teachers who simply cannot be entrusted with this kind of power of their students.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Absolutely yes. Without it, teachers are toothless. They command no respect. They cannot get the child's obedience and attention in any meaningful way - it's all carrot, no stick. What we have now are fat little runts with excellent vision and no motivation to do well, other than to 'please' the teacher!
Though I think that this sort of consumeristic, cuddly, individualism is an accurate representation of the broader society anyway.
But I was taught the rod, at home and at board, and it did me a POWER of good, I can tell you!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Trefoil said:
Not only do I question the effectiveness of corporal punishment (especially for kids with learning disabilities like dyslexia, ADHD or autism), but I question the judgement of teachers. I've known a great many teachers who simply cannot be entrusted with this kind of power of their students.
Agreed 100%.

HSC
beat the little cunts to within an inch of their life

Edit: Also how shit is oprah

Last edited:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Kwayera said:
No. I do, however, think that parents should be allowed to physically puinish their children (within reason).

A smart smack on the bottom can accomplish a lot more than "go to your room!" (and it certainly did for me).

bum is not good, then the child thinks the parent is smacking them on the bottom for sexual reasons.

mattchis

HSC
Eh, if it was baught back in, i can see the older kids throwing punches back at the teachers

you cant say you cant see that happening

HSC
I think so provided it is heavily monitored and does not go too far, i think that parent's should also be able to smack there children to a reasonable level

by no means am i talking about bashing the child or leaving bruises

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I think so provided it is heavily monitored and does not go too far, i think that parent's should also be able to smack there children to a reasonable level

by no means am i talking about bashing the child or leaving bruises
Oh for fucks sake.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
No. I'd like to believe that teachers would use that power rightly , but I've seen and heard of too many teachers who are power - trippers.
I think the responsibility is with the parents , and of course a quick smack on the bottom as a consequence of inappropriate behaviour is just fine.

Just.Snaz

HSC
reminds me of that article about a teacher killing a blind student because he couldn't read the koran.. or something like that.

Um yeah no. It's a form of violence and violence, for any reason, is not needed anywhere, and definitely not in schools. It's teaching kids that big people can hit little people because they have authority.

It would encourage bullying. It's basically encouraging the idea that it's okay to resort to physical abuse to 'communicate' a message, whether it be "you've done something wrong against school rules" or "you've done something wrong by not listening to me when I say 'give me your lunch money' ".

HSC
i don't think it would encourage bullying, put it this way our parent's used to get the cane in school and i know from what parent's uncle, aunties have told me that it worked, you got the cane and you would no not to do that again. I know friend's who muck up at school and even they have said to me if there was corporal punishment's in schools they would think twice before doing stupid stuff.

EDIT:
an idea would be having the control of corporal punishment with someone other then the teacher e.g. the prinicipal

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
i don't think it would encourage bullying, put it this way our parent's used to get the cane in school and i know from what parent's uncle, aunties have told me that it worked, you got the cane and you would no not to do that again. I know friend's who muck up at school and even they have said to me if there was corporal punishment's in schools they would think twice before doing stupid stuff.
Teachers do not have the right to physically abuse/touch students.

End.
Of.
Story.

HSC
that is why it would need to start in primary school

i know in primary school we had a nun as our principal.. we were all scared of her, although now i notice she was a nice lady, she was fair and just, if you did something wrong you went to her, i cried the first time i got sent to her, you would not stuff up at school again, that school has gone downhill since she left, to the extent they can not even fill a kindy class

HSC
its in the bible that they can kill us if they want, i think we got off lightly

lol some kids had brothers and shit as their pricipals in school AND THEY WERE SEXUALLY ABUSED

HSC
ah every time with the verses. you know its in there dude. if a son is disrespectful he must he stoned to death.

Just.Snaz

HSC
want2bdifferent said:

EDIT:
an idea would be having the control of corporal punishment with someone other then the teacher e.g. the prinicipal
yes but that was a different society. As I think someone has already said, kids are much more rebellious now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)