Should the government nationalize food and issue us with GOVERNMENT MEALS? (1 Viewer)

ilikebeeef

HSC
Still harmful, quantities are relative
Not really if you're not obese or suffer from high cholesterol levels.

LSD is not harmful
MDMA is less harmful than most prescription drugs
LSD makes people panic (from the hallucinations) and hence they can do silly things out of their control. Prescription drugs are only-prescription-obtainable for a reason.

Ecstasy can kill people even when taken once. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wood_(schoolgirl)

edit: lol yes, because they are illegal...
I meant that they cause crime as in they cause addicts to turn to stealing cash or drugs to fuel their addiction etc.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Alcohol can do the same thing.

Alcohol can Kill you the first time you take it if you take too much

yes lol That is also my point, if drugs were legal and regulated then people would be less likely to od and prices would be cheaper..

ilikebeeef

HSC

That's correct, but what does that have to do with junk food? People don't stuff themselves till their stomachs literally burst and they die of internal bleeding or something. Nor does junk food create social problems (you don't see Cronulla-style riots arising from junk food).

yes lol That is also my point, if drugs were legal and regulated then people would be less likely to od and prices would be cheaper..
I doubt that. People reach the point where they need so much to get the same effect that they overdose. And there will always be people who overdose because they're irresponsible eg. teenagers requiring their stomach pumped because they drank too much alcohol. Alcohol is legal.

badquinton304

HSC

Yes but at least with drinks you know the alcohol content exctasy from some shady dealer can have varying amounts of mdma.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I doubt that. People reach the point where they need so much to get the same effect that they overdose. And there will always be people who overdose because they're irresponsible eg. teenagers requiring their stomach pumped because they drank too much alcohol. Alcohol is legal.
None of this is true. Threshold tolerance and overdose tolerance both develop with use.

I Study Hard

HSC
No offense but your idea is ridiculous.
I enjoy being able to eat whatever the hell i like.
I don't like the thought that once I'm earning money a large portion of the tax that i pay will go to people who abuse the welfare system.
Healthy food can be in most cases cheaper then unhealthy processed foods.
If people wanted to save money they could easily buy large amounts of fresh fruit and vegetables...
If it's not the money aspect it's probably just because they like eating unhealthy food. So why should we stop them. Having government regulate every part of our lives is not what democracy is about =|

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Who are you to say that poor people are abusing the welfare system? Fucking capitalist scum. Anyway, we would take and redistribute everyone's food money evenly.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Illegal drugs, on the other hand, are harmful in small quantities or large quantities no matter what.
That is as true as saying caffeine is harmful in small quantities, no matter what.

Don't touch that coca cola!

EDIT: And illegal drugs can lead to crime.
Crime isn't a side effect of any substance. Crime is caused by the inability of some addicts to support their habit due to the drugs being prohibitively expensive because of their illegal status.

In switzerland where addicts can choose to purchase a supervised dose of heroin each day from regulated pharmacies for an affordable price, crime and disease among those involved in the program has been virtually eliminated.

To achieve a lethal overdose of cannabis or LSD is impossible. The LD50 of MDMA is unknown in humans, but it is estimated as being at least ten pills of the highest purity ever found, which is an insane dose.

And as riet says, this isn't taking into account the development of OD tolerance.

Anna wood died because she was misinformed about safe usage.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Illegal drugs are always harmful? Heroin is infact very safe in pure form (and controlled dosage) and one of the best semi-synthetic pain-killers we have. Would I ever take it? Hell no, the risks associated with IV drug use due to impurities is too dangerous. I have most definitely had opiate pain-killers after having teeth out and such, though.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Illegal drugs are always harmful? Heroin is infact very safe in pure form (and controlled dosage) and one of the best semi-synthetic pain-killers we have. Would I ever take it? Hell no, the risks associated with IV drug use due to impurities is too dangerous. I have most definitely had opiate pain-killers after having teeth out and such, though.
Teacher was saying he use to chew on the leaves of coca plants when he farmed in Peru.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Very true. People should read up on drugs before believing the government propaganda.

Also worth noting that heroin can be delivered to the bloodstream by smoking almost as quickly as by IV use.

However, most users suffer the extra risks of IV drug use because heroin is so expensive and they can't afford to waste any of it by smoking.

Finally, morphine that is produced legally costs less than $1 per effective dose. It's estimated that criminalization increases the cost of opiates by a factor of about 100.

Think how much less crime would be committed if a heroin habit cost $10 a week instead of $1000 a week.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Teacher was saying he use to chew on the leaves of coca plants when he farmed in Peru.
Wouldn't suprise me at all. In those small doses, and taken orally rather than insufflating the pure form, coca leaves arent any more addictive or dangerous than caffeine.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Yes but at least with drinks you know the alcohol content exctasy from some shady dealer can have varying amounts of mdma.
fuck you are dumb

that is why it should be legalised and regulated you dumb gook

with regulation we will know how much MDMA the fucking pharmacutical companies have put in it

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
why tho?

its your own body and so its not the government's job to protect you from your own decisions

badquinton304

HSC
fuck you are dumb

that is why it should be legalised and regulated you dumb gook

with regulation we will know how much MDMA the fucking pharmacutical companies have put in it
MDMA had can have highly unpredictable and varying effects on different people even if it was given to a certain dosage, if a person hasnt smoked pot before and they smoke they will get high, with MDMA even with a controlled dosage you could get a high from it, you could get hypothermia and die, not to mention with mdma it is quite common and indeed likely for people to pop a few more pills while they are high resulting in overdose and then death, unlike marijuana where if you end up smoking more while your high overdose is still very unlikely. Then you have people taking exctaccy with other drugs, the risks are just far too high.
With such unpredictable and varying effects even with a determined dosage, only a fool would blindly advocate the legalisation of this drug, especially since comparitavly little is known about it's effects compared to some other recreational drugs.
Internet is serious buisness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)