Should we be disclosing what is in the trials? (1 Viewer)

MichaelRoberts

HSC
Hey Everyone,
Like alot of people here, my school (despite being a Grammar and not Catholic) is using the Catholic trials because they are harder than independent trials.

Some of my friends who go to another independent schools are using the same trial exams but arent sitting them till next week.

This leaves an interesting predicament: Should we be revealing what is in the trial papers at this stage when some people havent done them yet?

I know Bored of Studies exsists for students to help each other (and what a help it has been to me) but this seems to be crossing the line, and cheating.

Considering, the marking criteria is the same you are potentially competing against other people in the state, and I know that a large portion of assessment marks are made up with trials. You are giving other people an advantage over you.

So where should we draw the line?

Michael

till02

HSC
Also did my first trial today, i reckon it is just luck of the draw but a bit unfair

Last edited:

klaw

HSC
Question What is the security period for the CSSA exam papers? It does not appear on the web site.

Answer Our published timetable dictates the security period, because it is a condition of sale that exams will be administered in accordance with this timetable.

Question When can exam papers be returned to students?

Answer Papers can be returned to students, at the discretion of the school, immediately after the completion of the subject exam date specified on the published CSSA timetable.
http://www.cssa.com.au/FAQ/FAQ.htm

Jason1357

HSC
Yeh i did Paper 1 today, i think it is unfair for ppl doing the same test to know wat is in it. But all the skools who did it will wanna discuss and dont give a shit who noes ppl are jst happy that paper 1 is over with, its really unfair though

H

housemouse

No one should be disclosing as you should think about yourself. If you reveal the question or answers, then you are creating a disadvantage for yourself which will affect what you get at the end of the HSC. So be a selfish bastard during this trial period. Help no one.

Emph

HSC
housemouse said:
No one should be disclosing as you should think about yourself. If you reveal the question or answers, then you are creating a disadvantage for yourself which will affect what you get at the end of the HSC. So be a selfish bastard during this trial period. Help no one.
you selfish bastard!

:p

Loudmouth

HSC
hey lucky u, my exams started on monday and ive already done the AOS and my SOR1 exam and tommorrow morning i got my english modules.yuk
oh and i got the opinion for every1 doin the catholic schools paper i thought we did it all at the same time even at different school so that we cldnt tell other people.
well thats whats happening at my school and the ones near me

Last edited:

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
yes, we should all disclose what is in the trials cos then they would know what's in the exam and therefore, get higher marks. So yeah, you should really be selfish and not spill out anything about the exam. We're all like, competing against eachother.

H

housemouse

Everyone should just worry about how they do in the trials at this time, not others.

MichaelRoberts

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
yes, we should all disclose what is in the trials cos then they would know what's in the exam and therefore, get higher marks. So yeah, you should really be selfish and not spill out anything about the exam. We're all like, competing against eachother.
What I am saying Princess (or should I say PrInCeSs) is that some people would have advantages over other people who have already done the exam, and those who dont find out. That's not fair.

I think in this case we need to be selfish about it. Its important to help each other learn, and with the questions we have here at bored, but not help other people cheat.

Any other ideas?

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Discuss the issue at its source, i.e. your school, instead of dealing with the aftermath.

In the meantime: disclose disclose disclose!

sinist4

HSC
HELP NO ONE !!! :)
thats until trials are ova... after all we are competeing agianest each other (in scool and ova all).

well 12 years of scooling has lead us to this point :)

taki999

HSC
DO whatever floats your boat. If you feel disclosing info DOESNT disadvantage you then do it...but most pplz are selfish anyway and wont do that, so there's no point asking 'should' we tell our friends the answers..when you'll only be yeah...there's like only one Q on this... and that..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
By telling other people what's in the exam all your effectively doing is lowering your UAI

Be a cunt and tell them the wrong things and increase your UAI :)

HSC
no don't tell anyone what's in the trials! be selfish and look out for yourself, it's a competition after all. it's survival of the fittest!

sinist4

HSC
^^, but state wide papers are good, the onli thing that isnt is that some scools dont follow the time table, bcoz it would giv you a good indication of how you would go in the hsc. As the cssa is simular to the hsc paper. Am i right?
:)

Nat_nat

sinist4 said:
^^, but state wide papers are good, the onli thing that isnt is that some scools dont follow the time table, bcoz it would giv you a good indication of how you would go in the hsc. As the cssa is simular to the hsc paper. Am i right?
:)
No..Not really..
CSSA is crap in my opinion, i wish my school wrote their own papers instead of relying on CSSA.
Especially wen we havent covered stuff in class and our idiotic teachers leave it in the trials.

H

housemouse

gnat_gnat said:
No..Not really..
CSSA is crap in my opinion, i wish my school wrote their own papers instead of relying on CSSA.
Especially wen we havent covered stuff in class and our idiotic teachers leave it in the trials.
Apparently your supposed to have covered the whole syllabus in all your subjects before the trials actually started.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)