• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should we have prepared answers? (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Do you thinks its of any benefit to have prepared answers during the HSC? especially for the Personality and Historical Period section...

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Having marked Modern History for many years my answer would always be No.

This is because I have seen many students with prepared answers that they can't then adjust to the actual question asked and thus they don't get the full mark benefit of their knowledge.

With the Historical Period you would have to have a large number of prepared answers as they only ask two questions for the entire section and can ask the question on as narrow or as broad a spectrum of the dot points as they like.

Lordie

HSC
Yeah I'd agree with the HSC marker, heh. I've done Modern History in year 11 and 12, getting a few 100% marks along the way! The way to get the good marks is simply to know the syllabus back to front. Know dates, figures, places and events - that way, if it's a question say about trench warfare, or a question aimed at changing attitudes of the war - you can mention relevant material.

Less is more as they say. You don't always need to throw everything you know at the question. Just go on the related points, and expand on them. This is the same in English. In depth relevant analysis beats brief overviews any day. :)

Hope it helps.

HSC
Pacchiru said:
Maths.. English... Biology. Fun stuff, right?

Considering the fact that I'm a failure in maths. :(
so what, are you thinking of doing 4U english and 4U maths in year 12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)