Should we reduce the refugee intake? (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
welcome to Muslim patriarchy. almost 0 respect for women.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
welcome to Muslim patriarchy. almost 0 respect for women.
Are you actually retarded or just completely ignorant?
Mainstream media is subjected to the influence of governments taking a firm opposition against certain Muslim nations- in some case on the verge of waging wars (relations with Iran aren't exactly friendly)- and aiming to justify that through a long campaign of propaganda which portrays such Muslim nations in a negative light. Don't swallow everything the media offers- and I believe it is the Christian bible which states that women were invented as sex toys for men, because god didn't want Adam to hump hippos and sheep.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Looks like you have been influenced by the crap that the media put out.
It's sad that educated people in an educated country like Australia are so ignorant of middle eastern countries.

You wouldn't believe how many people think Iran is a 3rd world desert, strewn with little war-ravaged-Somalian-esque brick huts. But if you ask people who are somewhat older and have been educated since before this hate campaign against Islam and the Middle East, they can tell you a completely different story.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
It's sad that educated people in an educated country like Australia are so ignorant of middle eastern countries.

You wouldn't believe how many people think Iran is a 3rd world desert, strewn with little war-ravaged-Somalian-esque brick huts. But if you ask people who are somewhat older and have been educated since before this hate campaign against Islam and the Middle East, they can tell you a completely different story.
Yes agreed! Repped.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Mainstream media is subjected to the influence of governments taking a firm opposition against certain Muslim nations- in some case on the verge of waging wars (relations with Iran aren't exactly friendly)- and aiming to justify that through a long campaign of propaganda which portrays such Muslim nations in a negative light. Don't swallow everything the media offers- and I believe it is the Christian bible which states that women were invented as sex toys for men, because god didn't want Adam to hump hippos and sheep.
can you not read? I said muslim PATRIARCHY. Tell that to the women from Afghanistan and pakistan that their rights are very limited, girls schools being bombed, girls not being allowed to go to school or work under the taliban. you think it won't help reinforce that idea to the young men from a-stan that are fleeing to australia?

Iraq isn't as bad, they were a pretty secular country under saddam, but that's all change now with sectarian violence.

if you read any of my previous posts i'm probably one of the very few people on this forum who doesn't believe islam is a "threat" to australia as other members have put out like that dumb one nation candidate.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
can you not read? I said muslim PATRIARCHY. Tell that to the women from Afghanistan and pakistan that their rights are very limited, girls schools being bombed, girls not being allowed to go to school or work under the taliban. you think it won't help reinforce that idea to the young men from a-stan that are fleeing to australia?

Iraq isn't as bad, they were a pretty secular country under saddam, but that's all change now with sectarian violence.

if you read any of my previous posts i'm probably one of the very few people on this forum who doesn't believe islam is a "threat" to australia as other members have put out like that dumb one nation candidate.
+1. We had a missionary speaker come to our school and spoke about exactly what you just said, I'll never forget it

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
It is common knowledge that women in Muslim countries are among the least respected, privileged, and most oppressed in the world - the religion is entirely based on patriarchy in which women are legitimately subservient in every regard. In some of these countries women often self-immolate due to the horrendous conditions they're forced to deal with. The media is overtly critical of every single detail, and especially so with Middle Eastern countries as they are amongst the slowest to embrace gender equality (basically not doing it at all). While it may be exaggerated by the media, the facts still remain that women are oppressed hardcore.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
It is common knowledge that women in Muslim countries are among the least respected, privileged, and most oppressed in the world - the religion is entirely based on patriarchy in which women are legitimately subservient in every regard. In some of these countries women often self-immolate due to the horrendous conditions they're forced to deal with. The media is overtly critical of every single detail, and especially so with Middle Eastern countries as they are amongst the slowest to embrace gender equality (basically not doing it at all). While it may be exaggerated by the media, the facts still remain that women are oppressed hardcore.
but no apparently i'm ignorant to say muslim countries aren't patrichial at all, not like a saudi princess was sentenced to death for banging a dude out of wedlock. not like they jailed an aussie woman FOR 8 MONTHS after being gang raped because she had "premarital sex" in dubai, which is one of the most "progressive" areas in the middle east, because apparently you need 4 male witness' to confirm its an actual rape. There are VERY VERY few countries in the middle east that give women almost equal standing amongst men, turkey and Jordan being one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misha'al_bint_Fahd_al_Saud

Yeah not patriarchal at all. people tend to forget the middle east is still VERY VERY family/tribe oriented, very similar to Chinese/korean/japanese culture which do have issues with gender equality and the way men treat women.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
but no apparently i'm ignorant to say muslim countries aren't patrichial at all, not like a saudi princess was sentenced to death for banging a dude out of wedlock. not like they jailed an aussie woman FOR 8 MONTHS after being gang raped because she had "premarital sex" in dubai, which is one of the most "progressive" areas in the middle east, because apparently you need 4 male witness' to confirm its an actual rape. There are VERY VERY few countries in the middle east that give women almost equal standing amongst men, turkey and Jordan being one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misha'al_bint_Fahd_al_Saud

Yeah not patriarchal at all. people tend to forget the middle east is still VERY VERY family/tribe oriented, very similar to Chinese/korean/japanese culture which do have issues with gender equality and the way men treat women.
Not like a 14 year old girl was shot in the head for advocating women's education either.

It's too easy to call "hurr durr you bought the media's crap" when something is so inhumane it's almost unthinkable. It's ignorant in itself really. There are even HSC courses where you study the oppression of women in Muslim and Islamic countries (see Society & Culture). It's an undeniable fact, but we can ignorant together I guess.

iBibah

HSC
I actually thought you two were trolling.

Siddy123

HSC

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Yes, the Muslims follow the haram and the Jews worship Jesus Christ.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
This bickering is pointless. A country should either close its borders to illegal immigration even if they are seeking asylum OR open its borders but don't give them any type of government support. Both are morally correct options, because the idea of taking money from my pocket and giving it to people on the virtue that they crossed a made up border in a boat is heinous and should not be tolerated, REGARDLESS of their race/religion

As a racist I favour the former, but as a libertarian I also favour the latter. So I’m good with either option.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
This bickering is pointless. A country should either close its borders to illegal immigration even if they are seeking asylum OR open its borders but don't give them any type of government support. Both are morally correct options, because the idea of taking money from my pocket and giving it to people on the virtue that they crossed a made up border in a boat is heinous and should not be tolerated, REGARDLESS of their race/religion

As a racist I favour the former, but as a libertarian I also favour the latter. So I’m good with either option.
Good to know you won't claim welfare if shit hits the fan and you unfortunately hit unemployment for a long time. Or are you also a hypocrite?

EDIT: And that's a very clouded and conceited understanding of asylum seekers. Race/religion/entry by boat aren't criteria by which asylum seekers are determined. They are people who are escaping life-threatening circumstances which were beyond their control. And for your information, borders are closed to 'illegal immigration'. Asylum seeking does not classify as illegal immigration as it is an inherent right by which Australia has sworn to uphold ever since the ratification of the UDHR. It is their right to seek asylum as a human being, and it is our responsibility to look after them and care for them as a country that has taken an international oath to do so.

But at the same time it's admirable that you have self-identified as a racist. Most people would try to shank you if you even suggested it.

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Good to know you won't claim welfare if shit hits the fan and you unfortunately hit unemployment for a long time. Or are you also a hypocrite?

EDIT: And that's a very clouded and conceited understanding of asylum seekers. Race/religion/entry by boat aren't criteria by which asylum seekers are determined. They are people who are escaping life-threatening circumstances which were beyond their control. And for your information, borders are closed to 'illegal immigration'. Asylum seeking does not classify as illegal immigration as it is an inherent right by which Australia has sworn to uphold ever since the ratification of the UDHR. It is their right to seek asylum as a human being, and it is our responsibility to look after them and care for them as a country that has taken an international oath to do so.

But at the same time it's admirable that you have self-identified as a racist. Most people would try to shank you if you even suggested it.
I would never force other's to pay for my misfortune, I would seek help from friends and family in my time of need but never force it upon them, I understand not all can do that but that isn't the point.

If a right to something means another person will have to pay for it, then it is no longer a right, it's stealing. Australia should renege on this idea that we have to take people in JUST CAUSE.

My question to you is what would happen if a million or 10 million Asylum seekers were to show up tomorrow? Would you force the tax paying citizens of this country, who already get a percentage of their income stolen from them every year to pay the cost? Do you agree with legalised stealing? Don’t you think people should be able to reserve the right to not have to fund other people's lives at any point in time?

At the moment it is a semi-stable expenditure in our budget, however if the amount of refuges coming annually were to increase ten fold, I doubt the government could fund the sort of care that they receive for too much longer.

For me this debate boils down to money. Where it’s coming from and where it is being spent. If one cent is being spent on Asylum seekers it is morally wrong. As I’ve already stated I don’t care if people come here or if they are prevented from coming here, I’m fine either way.

I just don’t like stealing.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Mainstream media

I always find it amusing that Islamists and their apologists are upset by the West being awared to the horrors of Islamic theocracy.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
hey some women got brutally raped and murdered because they aren't viewed as humans but hey if you point out that it occurred in an Islamic state then you're the bad guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)