• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Shoulder Pain During An Exam....? (2 Viewers)

santaslayer

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
maybe that'll work....i might try it next time. thx.

btw. anyone know how to get rid of hand pain? especially for a 2 hour english exam. my hand usually aches after 25 mins or so. i think the reaosn for that is probably coz i grip the pen too hard and push down on the paper too hard. but i've been improving that over the last few exams.
Try using a pen that "glides". :)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I get shoulder pain sometimes, sleep early and improving posture might work and maybe look at your diet...more exercise

aching fingers can be dealt with another pen as santaslayer said or you could stop pushing so hard onto the sheet etc. regular breaks...flex hands onto paper etc.

kpq_sniper017

santaslayer said:
Try using a pen that "glides". :)
:)
my lucky pens....always use the same pilot "gliding" pens for my major exams. (see my previous post).
they work wonders.

although....i'm wondering to this day if i lost marks in the SC coz of my gliding (and smudging) pen. i was doing the MC section in Aust H & G, and the ink smudged and left a mark over my MC sheet. so i'll probably use a normal ballpoint for the MC section in the HSC.
but does anyone know if that will register as a wrong answer if ur pen smudges on the MC answer sheet? just curious.

santaslayer

HSC
Most papers clearly tell students not to smear/smudge the paper, so yes, I reckon it stuffs the computer register a bit. :)

astro

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
i find that i get this wierd welt/sore thing on finger from holding the pen to tightly, but i rarely get pain anywhere else. just try adjusting the way u sit, and also dont lean to one side to much, because that side will start to get sore.

I get them too....it looks disgusting but there's nothing i can do about them

funniboi

HSC
do some meditation!

listen to calm peacefull music

*yeah right*

kpq_sniper017

santaslayer said:
Most papers clearly tell students not to smear/smudge the paper, so yes, I reckon it stuffs the computer register a bit. :)
ah well.
i'm lucky it happened to me in the SC. otherwise i wouldn't know not to use the smudgy pen in the HSC. even though it was in the SC, during the exam, i began panicking (even the smallest things seem to make u panic in an exam...dunno if it's the same for everyone else) and i kept trying to rub the smudge off, but i think that just made it worse. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)