Showcase question (1 Viewer)

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
How can we get a copy of the 2004 Showcase next year? Do we get sent copies because we're Ext. 2 students or what? Please tell me we don't have to go back to school to get copies.

Oh, and when's it released?

Last edited:

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
you'll have to order it
the nazis over at the board are unlikely to be giving us any freebies
and i imagine it's released around the time we recieve our works back? that's just a guess.
but hey, do people who get in recieve royalties? i mean, they'd give something. right?

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I think it comes out way after. i mean 2003 came out march or soemthing right? and we're bound to get our work before then!

They'll probably give people who got their works published a 4% discount, but i doubt we'll get a free copy otherwise

J

jhakka

The Major Works came back pretty late this year. At least term 2.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
yea, DOWN WITH THE BOARD!!!!! MWAAAHAHA!

:D

ok im being serious now.... :p

yea, the 2004 version wont come out for aaaaages... and I highly doubt that whoever gets in will recieve royalties... they'll prob just get a free copy of the showcase, and .....perhaps....a complimentary tin of shortbread biscuits.

;)

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
That's kinda stupid, isn't part of the purpose of the Showcase to help the 2005 candidates by showing them the exemplar works? What good are they gonna do if the students are already 3/4 of the way through the course?

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Lets be realistic though...how many people actually start their major works by that period in time...they may as well release it a week before the due date in order to run parallel with everybody's starting dates.

Seriously though, we are dealing with the Board of Studies here...majority of the stuff they do doesn't make sense...they intentionally complicate things in order to piss us off.

Anyway, the HSC is not to test you on what you know, it is designed to confuse and piss you off and then test you to see how you cope...its all a mass government conspiracy to test us psychologically...just like the Wiggles.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
umm not necessarily, i started my mw late term 1 or early term 2 and i'm fucking lazy as.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Alrighty then...I take back my statement and replace it with some beautiful white space (which, technically is blue, but we will call it white for legal reasons.)

Is it possible to get a copy of the 2003 showcase? I might be interested sometime further on to grab a copy just for interest's sake.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Taxman - your school library should have a copy, although not necessarily (my library didn't, bastards).

And Sonik raises a good point - even if they don't give you a copy, would the Board tell you if you got into the Showcase? And when would they announce that? Aren't things like Onstage or Encore or whatever it's called (the music one) announced before the end of the year? I seem to remember my school presenting a guy with a special award last year cos he got in...

400miles

well onstage nominations for drama have already been announced... and seeing as our MWs were submitted before drama was marked you'd think that the showcase nominations wouldn't be far off either??

does anyone know anyone who's gotten into previous showcases that can fill us in?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
they'd have to let you know if they wanted to put your work in due to copy right etc. etc.

and they SHOULD give some royalities -- its 25 a book, you'd think they could give some. but i wouldn't hold my breath.

probably before the end of the year if they were going to publish??

2003, 2002 and 2001 Showcases should be avaliable from your school library, your 4U english teacher or if you want your own copy, from ShopOnline from the board of studies site -- click on the link on the right cos i'm too lazy to get the link.... sorry. end of school and all...

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
hmmm i might be wrong in saying this (if so correct me) but does the showcase actually COST anything to buy? I mean, my teacher only gave us photocopies. But i dont think it cost her anything, i think she just ordered a copy? therefore if it doesnt cost anything, how could anyone get royalities from it? amber's confused!!!!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)