SHS 111 labs (1 Viewer)

WarriorRiffs

HSC
What the hell. I enrolled in anatomy lab 2, which for some reason was in the tutorial section, and now i cant enroll in the tutorial.

blozzzz

HSC
I've got both labs, but no tute.
and even though it doesn't clash, I still can't enroll in it.
why do they do this to us. whhhyyy

WarriorRiffs

HSC
I've got both labs, but no tute.
and even though it doesn't clash, I still can't enroll in it.
why do they do this to us. whhhyyy
This is the same as me. And the tute i want is full. They must do it because they think we're not stressed enough as it is.

pman

Banned
HSC
its fixed, the workshops now open tomorrow night...so I can get what I want..blozzz and warior riffs may be in more trouble though, they lost their "phys lab" (I selfishly hope)

WarriorRiffs

HSC
I am in more trouble, cos i did lose my phys lab, plus i dont have a tutorial, and it says that all the classes are full.

pman

Banned
HSC
sorry but this means I may not have to go down on a friday which is useful for me....only have one phys lab option though and heaps of people want it, it filled almost instantly.....they prob should have cleared everything and started agian though

blozzzz

HSC
yeah same.
if by some miracle, I get the thursday afternoon tutorial- very, very unlikely at this stage- then I don't have to go on Friday at all.
which phys lab did you want?

marmsie

HSC
I don't think it will be a big deal if you can't get to the phys tuts.

They are only running two of them in the session(or so the timetable says) and most, if not all, of the physics lecturers have an open door policy so if you are struggling with the Mastering Physics questions or the practice exam questions then just go see Carey or whoever is lecturing the current module and ask them.

I can think of a few lecturers who would be so amazed a 1st year student is taking the initiative that they probably will go out of their way to help you.

pman

Banned
HSC
I don't think it will be a big deal if you can't get to the phys tuts.

They are only running two of them in the session(or so the timetable says) and most, if not all, of the physics lecturers have an open door policy so if you are struggling with the Mastering Physics questions or the practice exam questions then just go see Carey or whoever is lecturing the current module and ask them.

I can think of a few lecturers who would be so amazed a 1st year student is taking the initiative that they probably will go out of their way to help you.
except they're physiology not physics!

marmsie

HSC
I had a sinking feeling that I misunderstood as soon as i pressed post but I did not have time to edit.

Oh well, taking what I said from the specific to the general. My experiences of lecturers outside the physics department is that they are actually quite reasonable and if you haven't got the tut or the lab you want, then there is every chance that if somebody in the opposite position wants your tut or lab and a swap can take place. Especially in first year, where the course size is large, there is bound to be somebody who didn't think their timetable through and will realise a week or two in.

And if you do get the most unpopular tut or lab then it isn't always a bad thing, I once had a chem lab starting at 6:30pm, which obviously was everybodies last choice but as such their were only a handful of people doing the lab and we were able to get much more help then in a full size lab. I found it so good that I put the 6:30 lab as my first choice in 2nd session, even though it meant i had an 8 hour break that day (started at 8:30am for an hour lecture and had nothing in between).

monkeymermaid25

HSC
This seriously pissed me off!!! I enrolled in the rite 1s & now i hav no tut. now ill hav 2 go every single day of the week. i h8 uni already i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)