• favour one

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • don't have any

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

ElenaV

Jordi's Pet
HSC
ok, so tom had a thread on siblings a while ago, but this is less a thread on liking them and feeling protective, and more on beginning to wonder why they haven't been executed by firing squad by now.

for the few of you who know, I have twin 13 year old brothers. according to my mother I've always favoured the younger, however this may be because the older is quite frankly everything I hate in a person. *THAT* sibling is arrogant, bitchy, hypocritical, nasty, a liar, and perhaps worst of all a sleaze. He's 13 for goodness' sake. My friends actually avoid coming over now (we always go out instead) because the second they walk in the door (none of my friends look even remotely similar) *THAT* sibling walks out (usually in his boxers and no shirt) and leers at them. he's disgusting.

it's gone past the point of it being funny or even normal. any female he sees under the age of 40 he looks at them and goes "ooh hot" or "look at her rack" and it's just over the top. if I wasn't related, I would have beaten the shit out of him by now.

anyway, in case it wasn't clear, this is mainly just venting my rage so I don't stab the little bastard. I'm sure I'd regret it afterwards, but at the moment I want to see the blood.

so.. anyone else just *love* their siblings?

HSC
i'm pretty close with my sister and one of my brothers, like i don't think we've ever really fought (besides them picking on me when i was little and telling me i was going to die) but like, we tell each other pretty much everything, and there's a real trust thing going. they're pretty awesome.

my two older brothers, eh .. it's not that i don't get along with them, it's just that like, the age difference thing .. i've never lived with them, i don't really see them that often, and idk i just don't feel as comfortable with them as i do with the others. like they're cool guys, but they're sort of more like acquaintances than siblings and it feels a bit odd.

but yeah, they totally do the whole overprotective older sibling thing :confused:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
get your friends to beat him. getting beaten by a gang of women should teach him some respect.

Legham

HSC
I have two awesome older sisters (one of them is amazingly similar to me :D lol) and my parents are awesome. But, i have another older sister who is the only person i know that i dont like.. Which is saying something for her personality, seeing as im not the kinda person to notice personality flaws in people.. Plus, shes turned religious in the past couple of years which makes her infinitely worse..

Theres no option in the poll for my case..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ive got no siblings so i wouldnt know

CieL

HSC
Only child...... dont know your pain

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
My brother tried to stab me, got an AVO against him, he's a drug abuser and heavy drinker since the age of 12, he's done it all...he was good until about year 8.

At the end of year 8 he dropped out, was drinking and smoking weed...over time he's got worse and worse and routinely stays away from home on weekdays, or comes home drunk/stoned or on pills.

He's meant to be going to TAFE and all that, it's his last shot at education after going to 'special schools' that have behavioral units and also geared towards helping kids in the same position as him.

What confuses me is why he's turned out this way, he has somewhat of a mental illness in my eyes, he comes from a loving and supporting home, he has everything he would need and yet he still causes repeated heartache for my mum and dad.

This story is long I realise and there would be a lot of detail involved.

But yeah, not overly fond of him at the worst of times, and sometimes not in the best of times either.

He's still my younger brother though, and I'll still love him through thick and thin. It just makes me feel bad to think his life could be over so soon, and for what?

Makes me think.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Love them all. But lately on of my sisters has been really giving me the shits. Just the way she acts, its with such belief that she isking but she just looks and acts like an idiot.

Oh I'm the youngest of four. Sister (20), Brother(27), Sister (33)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my relationship with my brother's gotten a heap better since he moved out. we used to fight so often before, thesedays, he's still a lazy bugger but he's relatively 'normal'...we can have a normal conversation and help eachother out when needed, its good

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
All my siblings are half siblings, and quite large in the age difference sector. So we've never had a chance to fight, I've only ever lived with one of them, and that only for a short time. We all get on pretty well.
Kelly, older sister, (35) Michelle, older stepsister (34), Marc, older brother (31), me, Jack, younger brother (10).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I have an awesome and win relationship with my sister but I have to admit that is mainly because we have the luxury of distance - we've never really lived together for long periods and there is also an age gap (she's 35 and I'm 20). We just sort of flow in and out of each other's company in a pleasant fashion - she does have her flaws though and when I'm pressed into her company for an extended (and non-temporary) period then she starts to grate, e.g when she visits all day, five days a week with her three babies in tow.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I have a younger sister (almost 16) and a brother (14).

I get on with them okay in general but I do fight a lot with my sister, she can be a real bitch when she decides to be. Most of the time she treats me as if she's older than me and it drives me insane! It doesn't help that she looks a lot older as well (sucks looking really young). She steals my clothes and then stretches them so they're too big for me, and when she gets in trouble she turns into such a drama queen and twists everything around to blame me and my brother. Argh.

None of us have ever been really close either, we dont "talk" to each other about things or anything like that. And I get the feeling they both kind of resent me, or get really annoyed because I've been sick a few years and they've end up having to look after me a lot of the time (probably explains why my sister thinks she older than me haha) so theres a bit of hate there lol :/

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
kami said:
I have an awesome and win relationship with my sister but I have to admit that is mainly because we have the luxury of distance - we've never really lived together for long periods and there is also an age gap (she's 35 and I'm 20). We just sort of flow in and out of each other's company in a pleasant fashion - she does have her flaws though and when I'm pressed into her company for an extended (and non-temporary) period then she starts to grate, e.g when she visits all day, five days a week with her three babies in tow.
Yeah, 10-15 year gaps are win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)