SIBT at City Campus or Macquarie Campus? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm about to apply for SIBT but i don't know which campus i should attend. Both are about a 5 min walk from station i think it was. From my evaluation i'm thinking City but i'm not to sure, has anyone been there or know someone who has?

City
Pros
-Less travelling 25mins~ in train
-At the City, things to do
-Packed train in the morning
-Come home early and less tiring
Cons
-No facilities such as swimming, gym etc
-Smaller? I think its just rooms like a school, but i haven't seen any photos of the campus just the rooms..
-Less train services from where i am

Macquarie
Pros
-Near the shopping centre
-Many train services
-Access to uni facilities
Cons
-50mins~ in train
-Just shopping centre
-Possibly more dangerous on train

Although i read SIBT is only once a week for 4 hours so shopping doesn't really matter i guess. I want to know about the teachers at each campus and the classroom environment. Would it be more multicultural at which campus.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you're looking for a richer campus experience, go Macquarie. Though i've never studied at the City campus, i've heard it just isn't the same socially.

HSC
What do you mean by socially? like people just study and then go home, not much talking etc? I can imagine that since its a college

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I mean that all the student clubs and societies, parties, student events etc. are centered at the North Ryde campus; there's a lot more to do outside of class.

chelseado

HSC
sibt north ryde is much larger and the grounds are nicer. you will have access to all the main macquarie campus facilities like the library etc. the lecturers are good at both. both are really multi-cultural. I dont think you have to worry about the train trip being dangerous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)