SIBT insight? (1 Viewer)

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
Bad as MQ?? I don't think MQ is bad mate...i was just wondering if SIBT could make a good pathway to MQ....

Mathmatics85

HSC
yeah

very easy to get into MQ thru SIBT

you can simply party till week 13, cram on the train to SIBT, and get Ds and HDs and make ur way into MQ.

telling u from experience.

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
:)) interesting (so u was a SIBT student rite?) :)) what 'bout the facilities mate? teaching method?

Mathmatics85

HSC
facility-wise, quite decent since the buildling was built not too long ago

teaching methods, usually 3 hr lecture and 1 hr tute (may have changed now), rolls are taken in both. quality of teaching staffs varies, as is with all tertiary institutions.

great place to boost ur WAM...(i'm not talking about GPA here since ur GPA becomes 0 when u get to MQ, I'm talking about WAM.)

Mathmatics85

HSC
the truth is that the truth is the rumor and the rumor is that the rumor is the truth.

It all depends how u look at it. personally I think MQC is awesome cool but I wouldn't study there even I go back in time.

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
" I think MQC is awesome cool but I wouldn't study there even I go back in time." <-- @.@ it's 'awesome cool' but u wouldn't? how come?
Oh yeah, here's another 'rumor': the school fees increase every year =.=! is it true?

blackrider89

HSC
" I think MQC is awesome cool but I wouldn't study there even I go back in time." <-- @.@ it's 'awesome cool' but u wouldn't? how come?
Oh yeah, here's another 'rumor': the school fees increase every year =.=! is it true?
No it's a fact. Applies to all unis in Oz. 5-10%/year (Uni of Adelaide increased the fee of a Commerce course from 17000 in 2008 2 23800 in 2009 though)

If u don't think MQ is bad...so is SIBT. It's easy to study at SIBT not because of its nature but the fact that all 100 level units are so easy (some exceptions of course). Even at MQ, only some 300 level units are hard.

I personally rate both MQ and SIBT as second-level tertiary institutions. Anyway it's just my arrogant opinion.

Yep 3 hour lecture and 1 hour tutorial. And MQC is exactly an "SIBT with more units" so if u wanna study at MCQ, it's better 2 study first at SIBT coz the tuition fees are lower.

It's also the fact that MCQ doesn't belong 2 MQ but Navitas, same owner of SIBT.

Last edited:

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
Oh sh!t...school fees (_._!)...never mind...
Thanks a bunch u two :*
I gotta see it for myself....
North Ryde campus is just cool right? A lake, an aquatic centre, 2 libraries, realllllly big campus with awesome foodcourt...
(according to u two) teaching quality of MQ & SIBT might not be the best but it's not so bad either (rite?) i mean it should be acceptable...
In case it's sooooooo bad that I can't take it, i just need to transfer ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)