• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sidekick / Hiptop launched in Austraila (1 Viewer)

Cat87

HSC
N/A
http://www.telstra.com.au/hiptop/index.htm

Its hip top 3 i believe. Seems a bit dear but im really keen to get one! theres a plan thats like 20 a month but it doesn't include calls but it includes all the other stuff like messaging and web browsing and SMS.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Pricing

For just $30^ a month on a 24 month contract when you buy a hiptop®3 mobile you get UNLIMITED*:

- Instant Messaging
- Web browsing
- Email
- Standard text messaging (SMS) in Australia
- Standard picture messaging (MMS) in Australia
Then ....

Things you need to know

^
Min cost $720, plus cost of hiptop3 mobile and usage charges.
Our FairPlay Policy applies to this offer, except the Excessive Use section. Excludes voice calls, content charges, text and picture messages sent to international destinations, premium SMS and MMS, any charges incurred when International Roaming, PocketNews and MessageBank diversion and removal charges.
No thanks ...

Neither parents or me earn a six-figure salary, not to mention loan repayments.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't really like wasting money and that is what this is. Unless I move to a country like America where this kind of thing isn't so expensive I won't be buying anything like it.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Yeah, I've heard the sidekick is a phone every American teenager has. It looks cool, but I wouldn't buy it. Not for that price. I don't even use my phone much anymore anyway. I like the flippy screen though. It looks like a PDA.

Miss Al

HSC
N/A
Hey there,
I've been given a hiptop to trial for a few weeks...im loving it so far! IM is awesome, im not sure if I'll be able to give it back.. Does anyone else have IM on their phone?

Miss Al

HSC
N/A
AntiHyper said:
Instant Messaging?
yeah IM = Instant messaging. I think 3 and maybe Vodafone have it, not sure how much it costs?

HSC
On myspace, all I see is pictures of Yanks waving that thing in photos. Reminds me of that pink diary thing my little cousin had that stores entries and phone numbers etc

Cat87

HSC
N/A
really? im behind the times brah :mad1:

maddiev

HSC
lol i've had my hiptop2 for about 6 months today :)

annoyed they've bought the 3 out when i'm still paying the over the top price for the 3 but whatevs

Miss Al

HSC
N/A
I'm still playing around with mine at the moment, I think it's pretty cool. It's easy to say cause it's a trial one but it's killer. It makes the lonely train trip home a lot easier when you can check things out on the web and email people back and stuff.

The MSN is addicitive though. I am thinking of getting one. The unlimited messaging is what has me hooked.

sladehk

le random
HSC
it looks gay... but it was on heroes =.=
but still too clunky for a guy to lug around

fatmuscle

HSC
please please please do not buy this piece of junk.
it's for spoilt rich kids who can't tell the difference between $50 and $50000

you're better off buying an iPhone :/ which is another of my dislikes.

Maybe it's because I use one a lot for work, but Smartphones are the way to go if you want to be in touch via mobile.
use of telstra's nextG network may set you back a bit more, but the phone/data speeds are a lot better. you can stream Fox to your phone!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I bought one of these, sold it the next day. Bit big, but its pretty damn good value, since data and sms cap is unlimited.

And fatmuscle you must be stupid to even mention nextg. X Series from 3 is much better value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)