• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

*sigh* .... Its Logies Night! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Embarrasing stuff really, isn't it?

Three of the biggest tools in television hosting at one time - Eddie Mac, Rove and Andrew O'Keefe. It will be such a dull affair, Eddie has about the personality of a wet sock. Why not bring in some decent talent - like the always colourful Bert Newtown or even Sam Newman? :D

Almost 4 hours of total rubbish, the Logies are like the Grammys of America - worthless. :uhhuh:

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
sad and pathetic people who have nothing else to do.

Rove is ok, but damn, why have Andrew O-Keefe and Eddie? They have to be the two most irritating tv personalities after Daryl Sommers on Dancing with the Stars. (and as an aside, if that show wins anything, I seriously wonder at the world. It has to be one of the dumbest concepts for a show. Who wants to see celebrities who really can't dance??????)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The production values for the Logies are woeful... "Mario" was performing and his mike wasn't on a proper volume so you couldn't hear him LOL.

It's so boring... thank god I have uni work to do there is nothing else on TV tonight to save me from the mediocrity of the logies.

And who would have guessed Bec Cartwright would win something!

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Mum's watching it in this room... and i watched when the CHaser boys won for outstanding comedy (cos i love the chaser) and best quote ever --- "I think outstanding comedy really goes out to Ian Thorpe's hairdresser" bahaha. Someone find a photo and post it - its a greasy greasy mullet.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Didn't watch it. More like refused to watch it, but I'm glad that the Bathurst 1000 won best sporting event :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol I know the chaser boys rock.

WTF are the neighbors cast doing singing and dancing hopelessly!

ARGH! WTF! This is so shit!!!!!!

And why does Rove win so many awards, he is not very funny.

Oh god the ads for celebrity circus remind me that there is much more shit tv to come.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
WTF are the neighbors cast doing singing and dancing hopelessly!
Yes yes ash omg yes ash... WTF?!?! That neighbours thing almost made me cry.

mishka

HSC
N/A
@ braindrainedash: thought you had uni work to do!! :p :D

i almost died when i saw ian thorpe's new 'do, i think it looks ridiculous. i hate the whole "fake inter-station rivalry" it's so annoying!

and... THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN ACTRESS!!!!! everyone who acts is called an actor - the anti-discrimination thing.... :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ash , craig and natalie are in grease atm, like they start their season run soon. so it was promotional. natalie b's actually pretty good, its just that you could barely hear her.

i was bored/procrastinating so i watched. ben nicholas should've won best new male talent, he's so adorable - such a spaz!!!

how gross is thorpey's hair?? has he just given up on shampoo entirely now or what?

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
glycerine said:
ash , craig and natalie are in grease atm, like they start their season run soon. so it was promotional. natalie b's actually pretty good, its just that you could barely hear her.
No glyc there was actually another thing aswell.
The current cast of neighbours, singing and dancing ridiculously in all white. It was a celebrity circus... of neighbours... quite cabaret meets wholesome family fun.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
glycerine said:
oh ok, i kinda wish i had seen...i'm a masochist ;)
It was very scary lol. the white... the dancing.... the music. Argh.

WTF? Rove won the Gold Logie? He is so annoying! Georgie Parker or John Wood should have got it lol.

Why am I still watching this?

And the hosts.... I agree the three most annoying hosts possible! Why didn't they throw Daryl Sommers up there to make it quadruple annoying! Give me Bert Newton any day over these bums.

Last edited:
T

timbk2

LOL rove... "This is Fuckin awesome".

didnt expect him to actually swear

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
haven't watched his show in years so i guess i can't really comment, but i'm surprised rove got it (gotta love smh's up-to-dateness)

better than bec cartwright getting, though :p

firehose

HSC
Wow did he actually swear? Damn the guy must be really going to desperate measures now to get his show's ratings boosted again. Gold Logie for someone who isn't funny...... hmm.

And yea the production values are very poor especially when u compare this with the typical american awards night.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i wonder when australia will get a tv awards show that is actually based on...you know...quality, rather than people voting in a magazine. i guess the problem with that is many awards would not be given out due to the majority of our tv being shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)