sigur ros anyone? (1 Viewer)

jomingara

hey

haha yeah i didnt think anyone else would be in to them! track 8 off ( ) is one of their best i reckon..........i just recently picked up a single of theirs, and two of the tracks off it were recorded live at the icelandic opera house- fucking awesome
which single were you talking about? i didn't think they had singles released in australia. where did u get it from? i'm jealous, i want all things sigur ros.
Josh

HSC
Originally posted by jomingara
hey

which single were you talking about? i didn't think they had singles released in australia. where did u get it from? i'm jealous, i want all things sigur ros.
Josh
You could try Utopia and Red Eye Records in the city or order it off their site...

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
hey

Josh
i got it from a local shop in newy, sound world.......never seen it anywhere else either

its a single off agaetis byrun

esquared

HSC
I'm a new fan, I downloaded Intro, Sevfn-G-Englar and Staralfur and love it... so i'm buying the cd as soon as i have the money, and I dont wanna spoil anymore till then

Beautiful music.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i feel so ashamed as to not have ever heard of sigur ros...

i will endeavour to find out more and find some of the music...

jomingara

what did everyone think of the Untitled #1 clip?
hey

that guy that got von had it burnt from some guy in a radiohead forum. i was as surprised as you were when i heard he had von.

the new clip is pretty good but i still like vidrar better. i just found untitled 1 a bit slow and boring.

HSC

hey

that guy that got von had it burnt from some guy in a radiohead forum. i was as surprised as you were when i heard he had von.

the new clip is pretty good but i still like vidrar better. i just found untitled 1 a bit slow and boring.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

How the hell did you know how I got it? Thats creepy...

Yeah thats how I got it. Someone on the board who lives in Australia actually bought the CD for like $70 Australian dollars from the official site. She asked if I wanted it, so I paid her $10 and she sent me a burnt copy.

It's completely different from the latest two albums. It's surprisingly more experimental. Theres more soundscapes than actual "songs", its best to listen to it in bed in the dark. Some of it is pretty creepy, and some of it is just plain wank. The songs are awesome though especially "Hun Jord"... which was actually the first Sigur Ros song I ever heard.

jomingara

you told me how u got von before. its good to hear that there are really dedicated sigur ros fans who are willing to spend $70 on a cd. thats a bit much for me even if i am a fan of them.
i wish there were more ppl like her around. sigur ros fans aren't too easy to come by.

HSC
you told me how u got von before. its good to hear that there are really dedicated sigur ros fans who are willing to spend $70 on a cd. thats a bit much for me even if i am a fan of them.
i wish there were more ppl like her around. sigur ros fans aren't too easy to come by.
oh right, fair enough...

I dunno, just a little paranoid today.... :/

Yeah, to be honest, I wouldn't have paid $70 after listening to the album, its nowhere near as good as the other two.

IMO: Agaetis Byrjun > ( ) > Von.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hey i just downloaded some sigur ros songs they're okay, but speaking of icelandic bands- have you guys heard of "mm"? it's pronounced 'moom' and they've kind of got the whole electronic soundscape thing going (similar to sigur ros maybe? I'm not sure, I dunno SR that well). anyway I heard this band sometime last year on JJJ and instantly fell in love with them. They're heavily influenced by radiohead (so i've heard) so if you're a fan of radiohead you might wanna check em out =)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah we've had this conversation before

i wouldnt say they're much like radiohead but...

yeahyeahyeahs

Sigur Ros are so bloody damn talented! I lost their () album though. thank god i put it onto my comp but which is track 8 that you guys rave about? I dont think its in the right order on my comp so I choose songs by their length. my favourite is the 7:33m one and the 9:57m one. silly Q but how long does track 8 go for? xx

yeahyeahyeahs

Originally posted by Mcdickpants
11 something

from your nick i take it you like the yeah yeah yeahs
they're guest programming on rage tonight
schuweeeet you know where ill be tonight!

evenstar

if i could actually find one of their albums, i might buy it. until then, its just d/l their songs for me. i love waking up to svenf g englar. any other suggestions?

still ill

i agree with gimpfish:p

wow, a sigur rs forum with splatterings of radiohead and bjrk...
andithoughtiwastheonlyone etc

three cheers for good taste in music and iced cream

while we're om the subject of Icelandic music beauties, anyone like mm?

jomingara

Originally posted by still ill
i agree with gimpfish:p

wow, a sigur rs forum with splatterings of radiohead and bjrk...
andithoughtiwastheonlyone etc

three cheers for good taste in music and iced cream

i heard a bit of mum on 2ser 107.3 today. awesome stuff. first time i'd listened to this station as well. i shall be tuning in more often.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by still ill
yeh i first heard mum on JJJ sometime last year, i'm going to their concert in september at the metro. see the "wanky overintellectualised music" thread for more details..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)