Silent hill (1 Viewer)

has anyone seen this movie? i was thinking of going to see it but ive heard that it wasnt that good. comments?

Shaking Paper

HSC
The script is awful, the plot is silly and the dialogue is just painful to listen to most of the time.
BUT I liked it a lot and am seeing it for the third time tonight and have ordered the DVD from America.
Like all videogame movies it's main flaw was a dumbing-down of the plot, I don't know why the keep doing that.
The film is easy to enjoy if you just let yourself not be bothered by the dialogue or silly moments and enjoy the atmosphere - the sets are some of the best i've seen in any film and for the most part the special effects are top notch.
The creatures in the film are all actors, dancers and contortionists in latex and make-up too with some CG touch-ups, and they look much better than any just CG monsters you'll see.
So yeah, get over the script and let yourself enjoy the film and you should be fine, unless you get a cinema full of assholes talking and laughing the whole time like my last session, but that's life.
I think it's a real shame it's been getting such bad reviews. It deserves a good 3/5 for the sets alone.

i watched it the other day, i really liked it. the only thing i didnt like was the way they tried to explain the connection between sharon and alessa. it was all a bit too confusing for me, a few people in the audience felt the same way.

desmond.thai

HSC
Silent Hill is a good movie, but i hated the ending. Didnt quite make much sense to me.

have u read up on the internet about it? i did, i understood it, but they didnt make it clear in the movie - woulda been great movie if they did

Shaking Paper

HSC
My friend and I came out of the film wondering how anyone couldn't understand it...
I mean, they explain pretty much everything in the cheesy flashback sequence.
Anything else you might want to know you could probably find here: http://www.silenthillforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102 (spoilers of course).
Seeing it again tonight. Hooray for the cheap local cinema.

BohemianAndy

HSC
I've played the Silent Hill games before, and so I thought I would be seeing a decent videogame-to-film translation when I saw Silent Hill on Saturday with a friend. All this movie turned out to be was overdone acting, lame script, poor coherence of plot, and the film wasn't even scary - it relied on gore towards the end above any true atmospheric tension (which was in the videogame).

My verdict - 2/10

A worthless, steaming pile of cow-dung.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
its an ok movie, ive seen it twice. i downloaded it before it came out here then i saw it in the cinemas here coz my friend wanted to see it.

5/10

worth seeing once.

the part when the guy with the triangle head rips off the chicks skin is gruesomely awesome

i also started to like the cop before she was burnt :( i didnt like that part

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Heard it was good. It should be enjoyable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)