silly mistakes (1 Viewer)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
how do i genuinely stop making silly mistakes in an exam. i lost 5 marks just from silly mistakes and its getting rlly annoying. pls help.

Susu123

HSC
work on ur speed so you have time at the end to go thru each question and double check (silly mistakes are my mortal enemy)

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Lots. Of. Practise. Papers.

Over and over. In exam conditions. Redo questions you get wrong. Pay attention to what you're doing. Underline key parts of the question. Etc. Etc.

The good thing about silly mistakes is that they're fixable. It just takes practice.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
how do i genuinely stop making silly mistakes in an exam. i lost 5 marks just from silly mistakes and its getting rlly annoying. pls help.
I think these really just form from u rushing allot. its mindset that you also needa focus on not just the math.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
work on ur speed so you have time at the end to go thru each question and double check (silly mistakes are my mortal enemy)
yeah but the exam was an ngo exam and usually the last few qs r pretty hard which take time. i was able to solve the hard qs and if i hadnt lost 5 marks to silly mistakes i wouldve only lost 3 marks on the whole exam. silly mistakes actually make me wanna drop matb no joke. and its just so hard to avoid becauss whenever i have an exam where i wasnt able to sleep the night before (true in this case cos i dont have ac or fan in my room and it was like 40 degrees the night before the exam so i couldnt sleep at all - which is a common recurring issue) i always make so many more silly mistakes.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Lots. Of. Practise. Papers.

Over and over. In exam conditions. Redo questions you get wrong. Pay attention to what you're doing. Underline key parts of the question. Etc. Etc.

The good thing about silly mistakes is that they're fixable. It just takes practice.
When im doing qs at home i dont even make silly mistakes its only in the actual exam bruh

Susu123

HSC
yeah but the exam was an ngo exam and usually the last few qs r pretty hard which take time. i was able to solve the hard qs and if i hadnt lost 5 marks to silly mistakes i wouldve only lost 3 marks on the whole exam. silly mistakes actually make me wanna drop matb no joke. and its just so hard to avoid becauss whenever i have an exam where i wasnt able to sleep the night before (true in this case cos i dont have ac or fan in my room and it was like 40 degrees the night before the exam so i couldnt sleep at all - which is a common recurring issue) i always make so many more silly mistakes.
damn bro wishing you luckπŸ˜”
i was gonna say try skipping the hard questions for the time and review the exam but that will probably take the same amount of time, if not more, and u might not be able to do the last couple of questions.
But i still stand by the fact that speed is hella important like if u do those first couple questions really fast it might help give u time to do the last questions AND review
also try investing in one of those tiny portable fans? they are cheap and i have one too, it works well.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
learning from the math goat rn guys she got full marks in her extension 2 exam actually listen to her

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Again, that means its not your mathematical capabilities, but lack to self care. Sounds cliche, but meditation really helps. At this age, we're used to scrolling endlessly on our phones, which leads to increasing tendency to lose focus. This is where students misread questions, accidentally make the wrong calculation, miss subtle considerations in the qn, etc. Sleep is essential asw as it will have a significant impact on your critical thinking performance. And with all the stress you're clearly putting on yourself, it likely may contribute to your lack of sleep in conjunction with your AC problem. (pls invest in those portable acs btw- worth every cent). The nature of this post suggests you've become increasingly more stressed in exams, and honestly you could grind out papers for 13 hours of a day, or ask this forum to which everyone replied with 'do more past papers', which don't get me wrong, it does help allot, but only so much. The rest is up to you and how you'll perform on the day. This performance will not solely be on how many papers you do, but how your critical thinking will operate on the day.

Last edited:

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Again, that means its not your mathematical capabilities, but lack to self care. Sounds cliche, but meditation really helps. At this age, we're used to scrolling endlessly on our phones, which leads to increasing tendency to lose focus. This is where students misread questions, accidentally make the wrong calculation, miss subtle considerations in the qn, etc. Sleep is essential asw as it will have a significant impact on your critical thinking performance. And with all the stress you're clearly putting on yourself, it likely may contribute to your lack of sleep in conjunction with your AC problem. (pls invest in those portable acs btw- worth every cent)
Bruh i wrote 2/3 Γ— 3 =6 which fucked my whole answer and then for a first principle q i wrote the h for the denominator in the first step and mistakenly forgot to write it in the second step, which again, fucked up my whole answer. Thats 3 marks already lost just from the simplest shit. Actually made me so pissed off cos i know that ill be screwed if i keep doing this in y11 and 12

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Bruh i wrote 2/3 Γ— 3 =6 which fucked my whole answer and then for a first principle q i wrote the h for the denominator in the first step and mistakenly forgot to write it in the second step, which again, fucked up my whole answer. Thats 3 marks already lost just from the simplest shit. Actually made me so pissed off cos i know that ill be screwed if i keep doing this in y11 and 12
I just saw this lol mb but I elaborated a little more above^

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
I just saw this lol mb but I elaborated a little more above^
Yeah i agree with what u said and i think my problem with sleeping is the primary cause of it cos like, i definitely know what 2/3Γ—3 is 😭😭 but i just cannot fix it bruh. Ive found that its a recurring problem everytime i make silly mistakes on exams and it annoys tf out of me cos i know that those 5 marks were lost for absolutely no good reason

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Yeah i agree with what u said and i think my problem with sleeping is the primary cause of it cos like, i definitely know what 2/3Γ—3 is 😭😭 but i just cannot fix it bruh
my dad gave me piriton tablets when my sleep cycle went in shambles (note you will feel drowsy for a good 3 days or smn- so dont use reg)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)