Simpsons SUX !!! (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
The old episodes rock and I'd gladly prefer them over the newer ones.
Yup :D...I've got the dvd's of the first two seasons and they are much better than the new eps, with all the internet jokes :rolleyes:

:kaz.n:

HSC
yeh this v.sia dude disses charmed, simpsons and kill bill 2..y man?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by :kaz.n:
yeh this v.sia dude disses charmed, simpsons and kill bill 2..y man?
I've noticed that. Did it ever occur that people don't care?

Collin

HSC
N/A
I hate Charmed though (referring to kaz.n's post), but of course the Simpsons rock forever. No one disses the Simpsons, I'm sorry.

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
here's my opinion. i know i'm better than some people
the simpsons of late has been pretty shit. although i heard last night's episode was actually decent, i am yet to see it so i will stick by the statement that the last 3 seasons have gotten increasingly worse.

i blame the laziness of the writers. in the earlier seasons the old/older writers focused a lot more on bart and what we HSC students call grand narratives. (ie: storylines that were the archetypal statement upon a certain culture, event, emotion etc.)
we had stories that were concerned with the characters actually going through some dilemas.

now....all we have is pop culture. i wouldn't be surprised if the old writers of the show were ditched in favour of the editors rolling stone, tv week, tv hits and empire.
all they seem to do today is talk about the latest fad of the month. the biggest and most offensive example was the one that was concerned with the release of 'the phantom menace.' what a joke, it had no story and basically went like so

simpsons writer #1: "hey, star wars is being released!"
simpsons writer #2: "you reckon we could turn that into 20mins screen time?"
simpsons writer #1: "don't see why not"

i mean they didn't even try. also they try to fill the show up with more flavour-of-the-month celebrities that won't last another 10months in the entertainment world.

maybe this is all because they did cover a lot of ground in the first 6-8 seasons so maybe the simpsons should just finish now before it gets any worse.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
the latest seasons are crap, not because the writers are lazy but because theyre running out of material. theyve been doing it for 15 seasons, they shoulda quit years ago.

the best thing about the earlier simpsons was references to movies and pop culture. the amount of clever kubrick references or "rip offs" of old shows was golden. theyve stopped doing that and now focus on trying to make homer too stupid or try to sound smart by including some britney speares reference. and yes, i totally agree with you about the people magazine thing.

anyway, i just want to see the old simpsons again, whichll never happen and which is why ive converted to family guy.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
family guy is making a comeback too :)

those stupid fox execs realised they made a big mistake when they canned it and dvd sales went through the roof

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)