sims 2 (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I really want university.... but my problem is that my sister has the sims 2 in Albury and hence I can't play it on my computer except when I am at home.... would I need to get the sims 2 original game cd to use in the install of university? Once I have university all installed do you run the university CD rom to play, or do you run the sims 2 cd rom?

Hope those questions make sense.... because if I can run it with just the university CD it would be tops.... sims 2 is already installed on this computer, I just don't have the cd to play it here.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braindrainedAsh, once you install sims university you will not need the sims 2 cds. Unless you want to re-install it.

I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but when I installed sims university I needed cd 4 from the sims 2. Maybe you should just get your sister to send up the cd, it wouldn't take that long :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Is it only CD 4 that you need? Or do you need all four of the CDs?

Which CD do you have to insert to play sims 2? I forget.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
Is it only CD 4 that you need? Or do you need all four of the CDs?

Which CD do you have to insert to play sims 2? I forget.
To install Sims 2 you need all 4 CDs. To play Sims 2 you only need 1 CD. If you install Sims 2: University, you don't need the Sims 2 CD to play but use the Sims 2:University CD to play instead. Hope that helps :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Are you sure that you need all 4 cds to install sims university? Cause I can remember that I only used cd 4. And to play sims 2 you need cd 1. To play university you use sims university cd 1 :p

bekstah

HSC
N/A
i got sims2 uni!!!
i havnt played it propely, havnt had the chance with all my assignments =[
ive basically gotten around to building, very cool new things, love the 'claim door' thing, so do you actually go to school with them or? any cool things i should know about (secret stuff)
:)

Sims 2 is 4 CDS
Sims 2:Uni is 2 CDS

yessss
Sims 2:Uni requires "CD 4" of Sims 2 to install.
Sims 2 to play all you need is CD 1

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
transcendent said:
Sims 2: Nightlife, the next expansion coming this September :D
OMGOSH! That sounds so cool!!!!!!!!! haha, I could only imagine what could happen :p

bekstah, I haven't played uni much either, but you don't go to class with them, its just like when they used to go to work in the old sims.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
Anyone know how to work the Sims 2 Bodyshop?
Read the instructions :p

I've played around with it once, but my computer is too stupid and slow to be using body shop.
Why don't you just sit down and fiddle with it? Me thinks that it just goes into more detail with your sims looks than whats already offerred in the game.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I personally don't use BodyShop or HomeCrafter Plus. I like designing new clothes and wallpapers but I not motivated enough to learn Photoshop to create them. So I'm stuck with thousands of ideas that I never go ahead with.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well its basically only giving additional detail to the sims. Which slows down the game even more (which i wonder how that is possible) and I don't have time to sit there for hours fiddling with the sims :p

bekstah

HSC
N/A
one thing that i hate about sims2 is the loading time keke, its like dont want to go to any of teh community places, coz its like 2mins to load the actual place!#@%$^$%%^

my friend sent me this package for the sims2, its called the inseminator or something, its an object in game, and u get ur sim to click on it and there all these options, like relationship, skills adjustor etc etc.
some stuff u can do is in the skills adjustor u can put ur sims up to 100% for all skill catergories, or u can choose like +1 cleaning skill etc, its very cool.
the relationship ones are like, for example u can hate/love/friends any sim that is over ur place or is talking to ur sim on the phone for the love one - u click on teh love heart and u go 'mutal love > andrew'
and 'andrew' and ur sim, will be best friends and in love (this is like sooo good for the romance aspiration sims!)
also u can change your aspiration in game, change interests or 100% them all,
u can select an age for ur sims to be so if ur sim is an adult and u want them to be a teenager again, then u can do that!
u can kill them, with different sucides
u can impregnate the males with any other sims genes, u can ruin family ties and make them fall in love with each other :)/)
u can basically fall pregnant with anyone, and choose if u want twins, and if u want them to be alien babies!
abortion is an option and speeding up the pregnancy, so its like 3 hours or something instead of 3 days!
u can also 100% all motives/needs of 'everyone' at ur place or just ur sim u can dynamic or static their motives, and choose to have platinum aspiration (if ur sim is failing on wants and stuf)
this object is really fun to play round with, ill host it on my web, if anyones interested :?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Personally I didn't see anything interesting about Nightlife but I'll get it anyways.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
romantic dinner? Dancing? Sounds a lot like hot date.
Yeah that's what everyone says. Personally I agree with bekstah in that it's not worth waiting for the game to load up going to a community to have fun. My computer's really good but S2 lags and S2U lags even more. Still I want any upgrades they might add to the game and if it's $40 it's not that much to me.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
my bf got the sims for his nintendo ds

i haven't seen him for a while :(

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
I got the uni expansion last week and everytime I play I keep thinking, why couldn't it be this cool to go to uni. They make it look so easy to get good grades and still keep partying. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)