Singles Night (1 Viewer)

drake_skywing

HSC
Hi There students of UOW, i am doing a survey for a possible upcoming event. I would like to hear your thoughts on a Singles Night at Uni Bar, with drinks, Speed Dating, and entertainment.

I am trying to get rough numbers of people who would be willing to pay around 15 to 20 dollars entry, and any suggestions on how to make the night better.

if you are willing to pay 15 to 20 dollars, put down yes and number 1, then the next person if you agree then put a yes an number 2,

drake_skywing

HSC
With the drinks being free, i don't think that would be feasible with a 15 to 20 dollar surcharge, also with the entertainment i was thinking maybe a DJ, and the 15 to 20 bucks would be for venue, security, drinks might be dropped price, DJ and other amenities, so i hope that answers your Q, tulipa. If anyone reads this and doesn't want to reply thats fine, though if you know someone that might have an opinion please tell them to look at this and leave a reply cos i think alot of people could have fun.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Drinks free? I'm there. As for the speed dating..... forget it, just remember --> free drinks. The rest takes care of itself.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Raiks said:
Drinks free? I'm there. As for the speed dating..... forget it, just remember --> free drinks. The rest takes care of itself.
drake_skywing said:
With the drinks being free, i don't think that would be feasible with a 15 to 20 dollar surcharge, also with the entertainment i was thinking maybe a DJ, and the 15 to 20 bucks would be for venue, security, drinks might be dropped price, DJ and other amenities, so i hope that answers your Q, tulipa. If anyone reads this and doesn't want to reply thats fine, though if you know someone that might have an opinion please tell them to look at this and leave a reply cos i think alot of people could have fun.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
As I said

Drinks free? I'm there.

If it's not feasible ie. not free, then by common logic, i'm not there.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Fair enough. With comment I assumed assumption.

edit: shit I'm bored.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
My first suggestion is to lose the speed dating.

I still wouldn't go though.

drake_skywing

HSC
Alright, i am having lots of criticism, now how about do something useful, instead of bagging and saying how stupid it is, suggest maybe alternative solutions, cos you guys might think this is crap, but i have had alot of positive feed back, so how about maybe instead of complaining make suggestions to help

drake_skywing

HSC
The cover charge is for DJ, the venue, to lower the price of drinks maybe if i get a positive feed back, as well as security. And with the speed dating thing, why would it be so bad, not wanting to look down on society or nothing, or seem egotistical, but i have seen relationships form out of nothing in under 1 hour flat multiple times, also the speed dating is to help give people that are bad with confidence or interaction with the opposite sex a 'foot in the door' so to speak, so i see it as a critical point, if you can give a viable alternative i am willing to hear it.

drake_skywing

HSC
As well the 15 20 dollar cover charge is only a number i have put up as a guess, if the numbers look good i could probably get it somewhat lower, though only if the turn out is good

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
drake_skywing said:
The cover charge is for DJ, the venue, to lower the price of drinks maybe if i get a positive feed back, as well as security. And with the speed dating thing, why would it be so bad, not wanting to look down on society or nothing, or seem egotistical, but i have seen relationships form out of nothing in under 1 hour flat multiple times, also the speed dating is to help give people that are bad with confidence or interaction with the opposite sex a 'foot in the door' so to speak, so i see it as a critical point, if you can give a viable alternative i am willing to hear it.
Nothing.
People with low confidence won't go to the speed dating sessions. They won't be confident enough to try.

You want something to bring people together for fun? Make up some stupid event, and make a unibar party out of it. For example, pick a random date and call it the "Random Day Party."

My other idea, however is better. Do nothing. Why people would want to be at uni longer than they have to be is beyond me. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
You'd have more chance if you wanted to do something like this if you organised a Desperate & Dateless for uni or even if you pushed it with cooneys/glassys/castros.

Speed dating is going to turn a few people without confidence away because it's a pressure atmosphere. D&D's just put single people in one room with a bunch of alcohol and say 'go for it'

drake_skywing

HSC
interesting thoughts, and good feedback, though to try and use alcohol as a confidence builder i see as dangerous as it can make people regret their choice, the reason i thought speed dating cause it allows people to be themselves without being drunken slobbards, though i do see your point how the intimidation of speed dating would scare away the major demographic i am looking for. hmmm difficult difficult difficult.
Well, i said earlier that if you know anyone that is the demographic i am looking for, please send them my way, cos i think it would help give me insight into how to approach this problem

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Drop the speed dating, add free drinks.

Seriously, the LSS cocktail party was a blast. Law students are boring and no one wants to party with them, but when we spread the news about the FREE ALCOHOL tickets sold like hotcakes. It was an awesome night, too.

FREE ALCOHOL = SUCCESS

iPud

HSC
Our biological clocks are no where near ticking towards oblivion, we are the wrong demographic.

drake_skywing

HSC
Well i understand that, though people still are looking for relationships, and this event is aimed at those people who are looking for help in that field

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)