sisterhood of the travelling pants (1 Viewer)

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
does it irk anyone else how limited the release of sisterhood of the travelling pants is? i mean, it's not even on at george street hoyts.... :chainsaw:
EDIT: on further research, it doesn't even appear to be on anywhere in nsw :(

Last edited:
HSC
they have been advertising it at Miranda greater union. whether or not that means theyll show it is another story.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I saw a add for it when I was at the movies and apparently its coming out on the 16th of July, so maybe thats why you can't find it anywhere.

Movie_Guy

HSC
It's a wide release film. Pretty sure it opens on the 30th June in NSW. Probably to avoid competition with other releases (Warner Brothers themseleves just opened Batman as well). For a film with such a silly title, it's getting really good reviews. Something like 82% on rottentomatoes which is the same as Sith and Batman Begins (both were excellent). Seems to also be an aussie in it, asian-australian Leonardo Nam.

Last edited:

icecreamdisco

HSC
"let's go see THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELLING PANTS!"

just can't see it happening.

Movie_Guy

HSC
I think it's based on a best selling book so they were virtually in limbo with the title.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i've seen it. it drags on pretty long and it looked better in the previews. i probably wouldn't see it twice.

Movie_Guy

HSC
How was Amber Tamblyn's performance ? I'm curious because she's so good in Joan of Arcadia. And the asian-australian dude ? He's got the potential to become pretty big.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
amber tamblyn was really good. her character is pretty funny.
who's the asian-australian dude ? the only asian guy in the movie was the guy who was obsessed with video games.. and he was in the perfect score aswell..

i only wanted to watch this cos alexis bledel was in it and i <3 gilmore girls.. :D

Movie_Guy

HSC
Yeah, the guy from 'The Perfect Score'. He's of Korean descent I think but grew up in Australia. He's as funny as hell...Hope he gets some really good dramatic scenes in some other film to show off what he can do.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Looks really terrible. Released around the same time as Sin City, so no comparison.

Movie_Guy

HSC
haha...this film actually got better reviews than Sin City. I've seen some male reviewers genuinely say that this was a better film than Revenge of the Sith as well. I've learned not to judge a film by titles or trailers.....you can miss some absolute gems that way. Hoping this is like a 'Mystic Pizza' (another atrocious title that was a pretty damn good film) or a female 'Stand by Me'.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
IMDB Ratings
Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants: 6.6
Sin City: 8.3

Sisterhood is probably better than Star Wars though.

Movie_Guy

HSC
I never go with imdb ratings...that's just where a bunch of fanboys vote either 10 or 0 (and trust me, most guys would just vote 0 on this film without even seeing it). It's a bit of a joke when people are voting up 'Pirates of the Carrabean' with 10's and giving 1's to masterpieces like Ikiru just so it climbs up the list. Character driven films almost never get high ratings at imdb. I usually just go with rottentomatoes.com. They compile about 200 professional reviews (that actually have to say something to back up their opinion) and most of the industry seems to go with rottentomatoes as well. And the general concensus for both these films (Sin City at 78% good reviews, Sisterhood at 82% good reviews) is that they are decent (though not great) films. This trend effects indie films the most....The film 'Charlotte Sometimes' , a $10000 picture, is at 80% on rottentomatoes.....It's at 4.5/10 on imdb....I thought it was one of the best films of the year (Top 50ish).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
amoz_lilo said:
it feels weird with alexis bledel in it...
yeh i really can't see that working..but yeh, will probably be seeing it tonight..i'm not so sure if it's gonna be that great, but i'm still curious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)