sit or stand? school related question (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Hey my friends were discussing this the other day and i wanted to see what you guys think.

When you visit a person in your school, such as the principal or deputy, ( and they havent resquested that you come and see them), as in you wish to ask them a question, or discuss your timetable with them.

should you sit or stand? when talking to them

One friend said you should sit, because otherwise you are rude ( as in the prinicpal/dp is sitting and you are standing so you are towering over them and could intimate them or something)

This other girl said to sit is rude ( like to sit down and put your folder down etc, is like inviting youself in! and it makes it seem like you are going to take a long time, rather than just walking in and standing in the doorway to ask a question) she said you should stand, unless they invite you to sit. or if THEY ( as in prinicpal) have asked you to come to the office then you can sit

anyways i was wondering is there a correct ettiquete? what do you guys do?
thanks

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i would walk in and tell them what i want
and if they don't say piss off
ill sit.......
but our principles and stuff usually tell us to sit anyway

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i think ours tell you to sit if they call you in, but if you just walk in to ask them a questuon, they stare at you funnily ... and then i never ( or anyone else) no what to do

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I always stood...but if they thought it would be a while they'd be like 'take a seat'

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I'd wait for them to sit down (if they weren't already from answering the door) and if they offer, then l do sit down, if l don't then l stand.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
our principal always asks me to sit when I see her... unless I catch her around the school and then you just talk and walk... anyway I dont think it really matters, we're done with school

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think you should sit, because sitting demands respect. In a school situation you need to demand respect because otherwise you won't get it.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Stand unless they ask you to sit...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
the only thing is that if u stand till they tell you to sit .. you make look nervous and stuff .. but then i dont wanna sit n be rude .. i dunno

danie

a fool
HSC
our careers advisor told us that in any situation where there is the authority and you have invaded their space (this includes job interviews), the propoer etiquette is to stand only sit when offered. then when you do sit, to sit comfortably and not in a way where you'll always be moving or crossing or uncorssinf your legs. i htink you;re supposed to cross your ankles to the side and tucked away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)