Site feedback/ideas thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timbk2

design

new design?
what do you think the new site should look like?

Fi

Frankly, i can't think of anything that can make this site better than it already is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just like to say:

:D :D LAZARUS and FATMUSCLES; YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!:grinshak: :grinshak: :gridnod: :disco:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Nah, this is fine. I like the blue hue.

- More smilies! :p (well...)
- You coud put a limit on the frequency that error message from a single IP could be sent per minute to stop 17,000 emails jamming up the inbox on key days...

HSC
N/A
more student notes and resources!!! and exam papers!!! :D

I like the current design - simple, easy to navigate

maybe on the resources page you can add a page like 'updates' or something to make it easier to find new notes that are added

:santa:
Merry Christmas!

T

timbk2

yep, bored of school,

we've already got them in our minds for next year

thanks.

More notes... definately

pri

HSC
N/A
i reckon if the notes and the exam papers were separated it would be good as it can get a bit cluttered like for maths and english if notes and exam papers were at the same place.

Design is great! put the english major works back up and it would be even better

Winston

HSC
we definately need suggested solutions for many past papers
and it would be definately good if someone could do sum of the past papers from the board of studies like how about the last 5 yrs of it
like 1999-2003

that will be good as a guide to what we need to answer

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the site is nice as it is ... keep up the good work ...

T

timbk2

if you had the opportunity to design the new website, what would you like to see

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
what dont you have a layout contest??

have mutlpie themes?? [liek able to change your layouts when a click]

husseint66

hussient66
HSC
i think if more notes for the unpopular subjects like engineering studies were added that would be of great help, some more trial papers would be good.

other than that, this site is the BEST!!!!!!!!!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
With regard to notes being added - we rely entirely on student submissions. We can't force people (such as engineering studies students) to donate, unfortunately. Solutions to papers take literally AGES to type up; I had planned to do some for the exams this year, but 2u maths alone took me two days because it just took so long to type up the answers with proper symbols etc.

I like the other ideas... we'll try to implement as many as possible.

Keep them coming. :)

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Hey, I was wondering; if I was to upload my assignments to the site, would I gte my name on the 'Thank you' page?

And, as my sugestion, I think the very brief summaries of what the files are need to be made not so brief. It's hard to know what exactly what you're about to download.
Oh, and to get more people here, why don't you put on one of those links where people can send an email to all of their friends and invite them to check out the site?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The 'thank you' page is very out of date... :) We were originally adding everyone who submitted more than one item to it, and, well, there were too many different people. :D

The descriptions were brief because there wasn't much room available on the page; the new site layout should be more accomodating, so hopefully elaborating on them won't be a problem.

We do have an email-this-page-to-your-friends link. :) Oh... actually, I think we created one but never linked to it...
http://www.boredofstudies.org/email.php

Whoops. :D Thanks. :)

Christine

beige member
HSC
I like the idea of online tests, i think a lot of kids would benefit greatly from that!

also i just want to let the mods know i think that you guys r legends for doing all this for nothing and although i'm not very computer literate if u ever need a hand with typing stuff up or anything to do with the site and forums just let me know :) I'm more than happy to help.

:) :)

asl2

i think instead of having a seperate section for the school subjects... you should just have somethign like "School Queries" or somethign so that ppl dont have to scroll down through the suject list and post a message there...

I had a question in biology and no one would answer it until I posted a message in the UAI section... "I NEED HELP IN BIO... PLZ GO TO THE BIO FORUM!!!"

the subject you have a questoin in can be the subject of the post...

Ajit

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmm

well a few of the polls on the main page are out of date... (well the one on email.php is at least), and same with a few of the countdowns. hey! apparently it's -68 days till the HSC!!!

and the site seems to be suffereing from an identity crisis of sorts:

the main page seems to be called "Bored of Studies" and "HSC Kidz Online" at the same time.

then there's the "HSC Help Forum" (i.e. this), which can also be accessed through "www.hscboardz.cjb.net", and the window titles say "Bored of Studies" (or "Bored of Studies - the new HSCboardz!")

well that's all my nitpicking for the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)