Site feedback/ideas thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out

how is it free when someone has to pay for the blooody t-shirt?????
there not *giving* the shirts away ... are they ...

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I'll buy one!

And get we get some sort of rule happening where legible enlgish is used, not crazy internet slang. I mean, its not nessesary in my PoV, and its not good practise in any case ...

Ac

josie_is_slut

im wondering why is there a countdown to the hsc
i dont think hsc students wanna know how long to go b4 the biggest exams of thier lives, lol,
if u wanna make it any better, u miles well put a timer on, that counts down in seconds till the hsc

68 days 22 hours 10 minutes 57 seconds 3 milliseconds till the hsc

get a conitinious timer, that would increase the stress 4 students, lol

oh yeh and another idea, for any of the tightasses there that cant afford textbooks, just upload every textbook available, well maybe dont advertise on the site, just make a server in irc and ppl use that lol

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by josie_is_slut

oh yeh and another idea, for any of the tightasses there that cant afford textbooks, just upload every textbook available, well maybe dont advertise on the site, just make a server in irc and ppl use that lol
yeah, but whos gonna sit there and scan bloody hundreds of pages?

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by MoonlightSonata
what dont you have a layout contest??

yes!
No! More bloody avant garde / pastel coloured / hip|cool-wannabe / Cable-Required / Flash-using websites! Hmm... reprisal of previous post about websites/teen society... mutter mutter...

Last edited:

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by YEAR11
but if you have just finished the HSC and put your notes up on the site what would you do with an Excel guide?

Another option could be instead of actual Excel books or other books, rather Dymocks/Angus & Robertson/etc vouchers. That way even people that have just finished the HSC can use them.

I'm sure that the major bookshops wouldn't mind giving like $50 vouchers once a months or two.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if all these things come to pass ... they even bos will not be able to escape the world of commerce ... :D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I happen to think the book voucher idea is a great thing but I don't see them willinging giving away book vouchers every month unless they got something in return cough *advertising* cough

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! NO ADS! NEVER! NeverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverneverDANGNABIT.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
well ... the 'hsc help forum' is this forum (so i guess its just a conveniant link to get here) ... the next is the 'chatroom' (also not an ad) ... likewise 'email this page ...' ... probably because this page and/or site is hosted by bong, so its an acknowledgement ... 'timbk2' is either admin or mod here so its a link to high profile member here ... and 'creative classroom' is a useful resource although it is in my opinion an ad ...

the site wouldnt at its own free will advertise stuff ... or could it?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, if dymmocks does give bos vouchers, then the "advertisement" would probably come in the form of aknowledgment for dymmocks for "donating the prize"

T

tactic

people have given us things for free... so we wanted to repay them but giving them links off the main site..

T

tactic

also.. what if we had to pay for our own server all of a sudden or pay for other things.. how would we get the money? its not to cheap to get hosting these days

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, thats the point... advertisement is like change, i.e it is inevtable, the only thing you can do is minimise its consequence. change is explored in many texts such as... oh sorry, i got a bit carried a way there.:D

T

timbk2

dont worry, if we do end up advertising, there wont be annoying huge flashing banners or anything.

We'd try incorporate them into the design and scheme of the pages.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
>We'd try incorporate them into the design and
>scheme of the pages.

Like Bolt (all advertising - Bolt is advertising and the odd spot to click to get to other ad-filled pages)?!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)