Site-Specific, Street and Event Theatre (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I guess just wondering how you guys are going to structure your essays etc.

We did a performance for the whole school on the theoretical "death of sexism". It was ridiculous; my whole class was a bunch of eastern suburbs airheads that had no idea what sexism meant.

tanguyen

HSC
We did a mini procession thing at school where we touched upon peer pressure and the pressure to conform into everyone else. No one got it though.

The essays are always about techniques and how they help the experience.

sedated_mind

HSC
yep im doing this module and man did my teacher well not teach it, you bring her an essay youve come up with and she give you a 12 and you bring the exact same essay the week after and gt an 18 go figure... our performance hahah that was a shamble we did conformity but i think none of us wanted to do it/ didnt care enough so we made it last around 5minutes long serves her right for making it around our mid courses

tanguyen

HSC
Haha... you really sound like my school cuz:
a) You do street theatre
b) Did a performance on conformity
c) Have a silly teacher
d) have 8 students in your class.

But no one in our class did promotion ;) Good luck to all the people who are blessed with being forced to do Site Specific. 19 more hours til we can set alight to all our drama notes - Like Welfare State.

Last edited:

sedated_mind

HSC
i love the irony there, lol what school do you go to? im in coffs harbour and i cant wait til i can hand those two paperwieghts back to the school for site specific

tanguyen

HSC
I'm from South West sydney. The weird thing is, for my trial, I received 16/20 for my Aussie theatre essay, and then for homework I handed in the same essay and she gave me a c plus mark and it had red writing all over it. Beats me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)