Sites where you can download American TV shows? (2 Viewers)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
as far as i know the mpaa has attacked the people who opperate the bittorrent trackers, not the users... yet...

the worst so far is people getting letters from there ISPs saying stop downloading illegal content etc.

however if your paranoid about the MPAA or RIAA get peerguardian

http://methlabs.org/methlabs.htm

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Krangelus said:
as far as i know the mpaa has attacked the people who opperate the bittorrent trackers, not the users... yet...
In the United States people have actually been sued:(.

Krangelus said:
the worst so far is people getting letters from there ISPs saying stop downloading illegal content etc.
Yeah, in Australia that is the worst that has happened so far:).

Krangelus said:
however if your paranoid about the MPAA or RIAA get peerguardian

http://methlabs.org/methlabs.htm
Is that an IP masking program? I have heard that none of them really work:(.

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Merethrond said:
Yeah, that is what I don't like about BitTorrent. For instance, I missed a couple of episodes of Arrested Development so I wanted to download just those episodes which I missed but all I could find was the complete season one:(.
Use bittornado (bittorrent client) and set the priorities (determines which ones to download first), and after you downloaded what you want, cancel it (muhahhaa...ok just seed a lil bit okay?)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
Use bittornado (bittorrent client) and set the priorities (determines which ones to download first), and after you downloaded what you want, cancel it (muhahhaa...ok just seed a lil bit okay?)
Ah, thanks a lot for that TimeAndTide, that will definitely come in handy in the future:).

Krangelus said:
noone has been sued yet as of using bit torrent
Well I don't think anyone has been successfully sued yet because it is only early days, but I am pretty sure that they have been issued with a court subpoena:(.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Azareus = usage whore.
ABC = great little nifty program but without the other frills.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
AsyLum said:
Azareus = usage whore.
So what? What else am I going to use my CPU power for:p? It doesn't even use that much of my CPU usage anyway (currently sitting at about 2-15%):).

AsyLum said:
ABC = great little nifty program but without the other frills.
I would rather have the extra features:).

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Merethrond said:
Well I don't think anyone has been successfully sued yet because it is only early days, but I am pretty sure that they have been issued with a court subpoena:(.
no user has been sued for using bittorrent, successfully or otherwise

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
niko88 said:
i use imesh.com

it's just like kazaa. people aren't that tight in sharing files, i guess
you are aware that imesh has adware/spyware in it?

crazyhomo said:
no user has been sued for using bittorrent, successfully or otherwise
see Merethrond ;)

if you think about how many people are actually using bit torrent now, it doesnt make any sense for them to attack the users, by attacking the trackers they stop everyone else.

And even if they did manage to stop bit torrent some other program will spring up that will do the same thing and they'll have to stop that. Look what happened with napster... we got kazaa & imesh and all sorts of other file trading progs. They are insane to think that they can stop it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Krangelus said:
see Merethrond ;)
OK, OK, I concede:p. So I am guessing you are not going to stop anytime soon;)?

Krangelus said:
if you think about how many people are actually using bit torrent now, it doesnt make any sense for them to attack the users, by attacking the trackers they stop everyone else.
Yes, focusing on the trackers is the most sensible thing to do:).

Krangelus said:
And even if they did manage to stop bit torrent some other program will spring up that will do the same thing and they'll have to stop that. Look what happened with napster... we got kazaa & imesh and all sorts of other file trading progs. They are insane to think that they can stop it.
I think they will succeed in the end. If they sue enough people, people like myself will get scared out of doing it:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)