Sitting posture + stomach creasing (1 Viewer)

gamja

HSC
I'm a pretty skinny (decently low body fat BMI 18) guy and I'm getting stomach creases from poor posture - I sit down for most of my day and mainly do lots of work on a laptop or with physical notes. Any tips for better posture and fewer stomach creases?

MJRey

HSC
If I felt like I was hunching over my work too much (a lot of the time it can't be helped), I would stop what I was doing and take a few minutes to sit upright with my shoulders back. I would lean back into my chair as well to help keep my back straight. In terms of stomach creases, maybe some stretching exercises? I'm not an exercise guru, but perhaps a few minutes of exercises for your stomach each day could reduce the creases (and additionally improve your posture).

moonsuyoung

HSC
I'm a pretty skinny (decently low body fat BMI 18) guy and I'm getting stomach creases from poor posture - I sit down for most of my day and mainly do lots of work on a laptop or with physical notes. Any tips for better posture and fewer stomach creases?
Hi!
I have poor posture as well and the advice I have been given is to walk around my room for a minute every 15-30 minutes, try do some stretching or do specific stretching exercises that help with back posture (such as the Pec/Doorway Stretch), get a "back cushion" or a "laptop stand" (there's one at kmart for $10). If your posture does get worse over time and does affect you a bit more, you could always visit a physiotherapist!

vishnay

God
HSC
get a good chair which is highly adjustable and a table high off the ground and also get an external monitor with wireless keyboard and mouse

u wont be bending over nearly as much and your posture wont suffer

gamja

HSC
get a good chair which is highly adjustable and a table high off the ground and also get an external monitor with wireless keyboard and mouse

u wont be bending over nearly as much and your posture wont suffer
yeah, thats the thing i mostly do my work on the table tho with physical pieces of paper :(

i've used a laptop stand and it works a bit tho

idkkdi

HSC
get an external monitor

vishnay

God
HSC
yeah, thats the thing i mostly do my work on the table tho with physical pieces of paper :(

i've used a laptop stand and it works a bit tho
yh i think its unavoidable bending over when writing notes and doing past papers but getting a nice high table and adjustable chair should make it so u dont bend ur neck as much

i had horrid neck pain from looking at my laptop and doing all my work on a low table and once i changed my setup and got a monitor my posture and neck pain improved a lot

gamja

HSC
yh i think its unavoidable bending over when writing notes and doing past papers but getting a nice high table and adjustable chair should make it so u dont bend ur neck as much

i had horrid neck pain from looking at my laptop and doing all my work on a low table and once i changed my setup and got a monitor my posture and neck pain improved a lot
i'm here getting neck pain advice from God himself letsgoooooooooo :shoot:

idkkdi

HSC
i'm here getting neck pain advice from God himself letsgoooooooooo :shoot:
alternatively u should also start gyming. if u got muscles upper upper body it helps keep your posture/prevent neck pain i think

shrekfeesh

HSC
alternatively u should also start gyming. if u got muscles upper upper body it helps keep your posture/prevent neck pain i think
I second that, make sure to do exercises for the back muscles such as barbell rows and pull ups because having strong back muscles helps to keep your back straighter

gamja

HSC
true i've been bulking these holidays as well ill add that to my workout schedule :)

nathanzhou1234

HSC
Nah jus go gym. patty zhang and george chen went gym.
go shore
go shore
Gym

gamja

HSC
bruh wtf (although George is probably cooking something up at ANU for international chem olympiad)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)