Size Restrictions (1 Viewer)

annliveshere

HSC
Hey guys,

I know it's a little late for this (considering it's due on monday) but my major is twenty squared centimetres outside the size restrictions. my art teacher doesn't seem to think this is a problem, and told me that if i needed to, i would still be allowed to cut it smaller after the due date.

so does any one know how important it is to be within the size limits?? my drawings are on thick paper, but they're rolled, not mounted or fixed.

thanks heaps.
xo.

goosiegoo

HSC
A marker we spoke to at some sort of... info day said that the markers would try their hardest to fit it within the limits, if you didn't provide a thing on how it's supposed to be layed out, but said that if you went out of the size-limits there would be implications. Just like, if your movie goes over 6 minutes - they stop it at 6. I'd try to cut it down if i was you.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
it depends, if you have included how you want your BOW to be displayed and they measure it +negative space and it is above the limit, i was told and the summer/winter school at USYD marks are taken off. but the markers can look at your artwork in anyway and it wont be how you wanted it to be shown but hopefully it'll be under the limit..

there prettey strict bout crap like this, i suggest you cut it down before you send it off

emdrinan

HSC
argh im freaking yeah i know it was due today and all but size restrictions... well mine was a collection of works but i dunno where to find size restrictions and my teacher just said dont worry about them youll be fine (that was my old one, my new one has no clue i dont think) but argh where can i find them so i can de stress?!

goosiegoo

HSC
From the syllabus:

• Individual works within a body of work, must not exceed 2 square metres in area. This applies to flat, rigid works and includes works that may form part of a series.
• A body of work must not exceed 6 square metres when displayed for marking.
• Individual works, within a body of work, exceeding 2 square metres and up to 6 square metres must be rolled.
• A body of work in its entirety must not exceed 34.4 kilograms in weight when packed for marking.
• A body of work must not exceed 1 cubic metre in volume. This measurement means that:
The absolute volume of any three-dimensional work must not be more than 1 cubic metre. In determining this volume, the height is the perpendicular height of the work when displayed for marking. The width is the measurement taken at the two furthest points and the breadth is the measurement taken at right angles to the width. The width X breadth X height (measured in metres) must not exceed 1 cubic metre. (Positive and negative areas are calculated in this measurement).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)