Ska (1 Viewer)

spleen

oi you

STR, Sounds Like Chicken, Crying Out Loud, Wishful Thinking, and Access Denied @ Caringbah Bizzo's 2nd october...$10...Over 18's

also SLC are playing at the attic the same night at 8pm

sal

HSC
N/A
i agree but ive been told u can get in one of my m8s mark noes how hes fully got it all planed out.....hehehe but i gotta study guys i rekon they should do an all ages thou aye!!......:( im so cut!

MysticEye

Originally posted by sal
i agree but ive been told u can get in one of my m8s mark noes how hes fully got it all planed out.....hehehe but i gotta study guys i rekon they should do an all ages thou aye!!......:( im so cut!
Haha you have mates? yeh sure... damn right u gotta study... especially for maths :p

MysticEye

Not really related to ska, but i just thought i'd tell everyone i just scored free tickets to livid... THANKS TRIPLE M :) Anyone else here going?

DeeA

HSC
Ska is much more than 'punk with horns'. Learn more about the history of ska here.

Reggae music evolved from Jamaican Ska in 1950's. When Ska reached the UK it gained cult fanaticism.

It was also the music of choice for the non-racist 'Skins'. Skinhead ska/reggae was created from white musicians joining bands and playing with black musicians, hence the black and white checkerboard pattern that symbolises unity of race and music.

It's not until years later Ska was mixed with modern American punk music that 'third wave ska' evolved.

Some people have started referring to some styles as fourth-wave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_ska

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ska

Get into it!!!

Check out Foghorn Leghorn Australian Ska band

www.myspace.com/foghornleghornska

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)