• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Skating - take it up? (2 Viewers)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
One thing that i would really like to learn is how to skate, do tricks and stuff but ive heard sooo many horrifically fuked up stories....

Is the danger worth the excitement??? I mean, ppl bail all the time, and some are really nasty and they give up skating. Wat r ur thoughts?

klh

HSC
well you do know that people will be heavily experienced before attempting what we term "stupid tricks". a friend of a firend is a skating enthusiast and practices on a bed, mat or trampoline to get teh hang of it before staging it on ramps. and seriously, it hurts on ramps if you fall.
im just a beginner and i not confident to go on a ramp yet...you can see the chicken in me, but i dont do it everyday and practice for it so im happy with my decision.
but if you do want to skate, buy good quality and not the crappy kmart/target ones. they dont allow you to get the best technique to skate...i skate and i lean on the wheels so the wheels look wonky and cant correct it coz its a habit and the wheels a wonky and cant be bothered to change them.
rollerbalding right? i hopw i wasnt talking aobut something else,

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Yeah i have thought of that but its like the most exciting thing about skating is doing tricks. But since im not in any way built, i could break something really easily

I saw an "enjoi" deck in parramatta (with the panda bear on it) it was only like $99 it looked sooo mad, but a frend told me it gets wrecked wen u grind

klh

HSC
but thats the beuaty of skating....as a beginner when you learn you also build up strength in your thighs and stuff sop when you are ready to advance, its physical and psychological.

haha, my freind and i went looking through streets looking for a pole to grind and trry and steal to his place...cheap and works a treat, just need wax.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
So as a started u reccomend a $100 + board?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
remember kids, ALWAYS wear pads and a helmet when skating.

tempco

HSC
skating is hella fun. go for it... and don't be afraid to get hurt (do be afraid, however, to break bones). there's bound to be a skate park near you where you can just muck around in.

G

Gavvvvvin

klh said:
haha, my freind and i went looking through streets looking for a pole to grind and trry and steal to his place...cheap and works a treat, just need wax.
Hahaha yeah we used to go around cutting down poles to grind :p

Wear pads if you dont wanna get hurt :cool:

tempco

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Wear pads if you dont wanna get hurt :cool:
well, it's a given, but i guess some people overlook it... knee pads have saved me many a grazes. broken knee caps even.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Neone that skates - wats the worst injury uve got?

tempco

HSC
i used to, but not seriously (eg. half pipes). just mini ramps and such. worst was grazes, and i got hit on the crotch once when i tried skating. not nice. not nice at all.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
nekkid said:
i used to, but not seriously (eg. half pipes). just mini ramps and such. worst was grazes, and i got hit on the crotch once when i tried skating. not nice. not nice at all.
Yeah i got a mate who skated, he told me he hardly had ne skin left on his knees lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Shins, Elbows, Knees..

These will most likely be the parts you will cane the most for the first few weeks.

Chin, Ribs, Balls, will be later..

klh

HSC
i grazed my hip while going down a parking lot ramp (it was my begginer day)...lets jsut say i got alot of respect for that: i went down the ramp gainning speed, and somehow i span around and stacked it while also maintainging sparks out on my skates...and then i pulled myself up amid gales of laughter and joined in...
also, dont bring your keys in your pocket, they hurt.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Can't wait to get my balls flattened by a rail!

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
I skated for a couple of weeks a few years ago with my awesome Bart simpson skate. I could almost do an olly it was cool. But then I went down a hill, fell, twisted my finger further than its supposed to twist and my ass hurt for more than a month.

tempco

HSC
HellVeN said:
I skated for a couple of weeks a few years ago with my awesome Bart simpson skate. I could almost do an olly it was cool. But then I went down a hill, fell, twisted my finger further than its supposed to twist and my ass hurt for more than a month.
you're so hardcore man.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i got a customised deck....i bought a blankie and my mate did sum stencils on it...tis a CKY deck wit heartagram....but yea skating is hella fun, and a good way to get around (wen i dnt have my car)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)