Skincare/Makeup Brands (1 Viewer)

Which is the main brand of skincare/makeup that you use?

• Nivea

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Garnier

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Loreal

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Maybelline

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Natio

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Clearasil

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Clean & Clear

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Revlon

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Max Factor

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Just out of pure interest, I was curious to know what kind of skincare products girls in here use.

I used to use a lot of the more supermarket brand kind of things like Maybelline/Clearasil etc. but I've found that nicking my Mums Estee Lauder stuff has been really good for my face (and as I now have a job I can afford it a little easier)

Thoughts? What kind of skincare/makeup do you use? Do you stick to the same brand or use a combination of products?

EDIT: Its a multiple choice poll, so you can pick more than one if you use a few. Thats probably why it was on 200% at one point too :)

Last edited:

salsydney

HSC
I use a combo of products... i really like Simple, use their masks and fash wash, as well as eye makeup remover...
makeup is a different thing though, i use a lot of maybelline and revlon... also use a lot of Boot's products from the UK, they make brilliant eye shadows... best liquid eyeliner i've ever owned is my current nutrimetics one...
so yep, using a combo of things... recently started using a Christian Dior eyeshadow kit, most amazing eyeshadow ever. shame i dont have a job, otherwise would buy a lot more of the CD range.

HSC
i used to use heaps of "high-end" skincare but i never found a cleanser and toner that worked for me. right now i'm only using basic nivea gentle cleansing gel everyday and a homemade exfoliating mask every few days or so and vitamin e cream for moisturiser and that works wonders.

as for make up, i generally dislike using supermarket/target/kmart type brands because they don't cut it for me. I usually stick to certain brands for certain essential items:
- MAC - eye shadow, gel eyeliner, pigments, bronzer
- estee lauder - lash XL mascara
- shu uemera - eyelash curler
- YSL - for under eye brightening Touche Eclat

and my all time favourite cheapie buy Dove Tinted Moisturiser <3

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
wowowwow make up and skincare is the b0mb!

MAC
Dior
Guerlain
Elizabeth Arden
Maybelline
Shiseido
Loreal
Lancome
benefit
mecca - prescriptives + NARS
modelco

my make up kit contains all of the above brands, as well as some professional cosmetic brands which i buy wholesale for my business
stage make up - kryolan, best concealer + foundation EVER.

priceline have some inexpensive decent pigments also!
face of australia/savvy theyre ok!

love simple cleansing wipes + eye make up remover

as for body lotions, i should go on a buying ban until i use up what i have! THERE IS SOO MUCH.

Leggy McLegs

HSC
thecurtainfalls said:
i used to use heaps of "high-end" skincare but i never found a cleanser and toner that worked for me. right now i'm only using basic nivea gentle cleansing gel everyday and a homemade exfoliating mask every few days or so and vitamin e cream for moisturiser and that works wonders.

as for make up, i generally dislike using supermarket/target/kmart type brands because they don't cut it for me. I usually stick to certain brands for certain essential items:
- MAC - eye shadow, gel eyeliner, pigments, bronzer
- estee lauder - lash XL mascara
- shu uemera - eyelash curler
- YSL - for under eye brightening Touche Eclat

and my all time favourite cheapie buy Dove Tinted Moisturiser <3
How do you make an exfoliating mask, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just interested.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
skin care:
- lacura (aldi) cleanser & toner
- st ives scrub
- olay moistuiser

makeup:
- loreal liquid foundation
- australis makeup kit (sometimes use)
- random other bits and pieces that mum & i've acquired over the years

just looking at the poll heheheh
loreal 2 votes 100%, maybelline 1 vote 50%, clean & clear 1 vote 50%
we've got 200%? cool!

Leggy McLegs

HSC
alby said:
skin care:
- lacura (aldi) cleanser & toner
- st ives scrub
- olay moistuiser

makeup:
- loreal liquid foundation
- australis makeup kit (sometimes use)
- random other bits and pieces that mum & i've acquired over the years

just looking at the poll heheheh
loreal 2 votes 100%, maybelline 1 vote 50%, clean & clear 1 vote 50%
we've got 200%? cool!
It is a multiple choice poll, so it's done based on the number of voters. With 5 voters, 4 chose Loreal, making it 80%. I know... it's still wrong (a glitch in the system, or has it always been like this with multi choice polls?).

arrested development
HSC
I've found that for my skin, which is "normal" but prone to the occasional hormonal spot and dryness in winter, a simple routine works best. I just use Lush coalface soap to cleanse, Witch Hazel to tone and Olay moisturiser. And I use apricot scrub every few days to freshen my skin up a bit and get rid of the dead cells. :)

As for make up, I'm not really faithful to any brands. I've got everything from Rimmel and Maybelline, to Chanel and Dior. I like playing around with it. But I don't really wear too much make up anyway.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i use mainly clinique now as ive found out i have highly sensitive skin. the three step program, balanced makeup and their lipstick. its awesome, i am converted for life i think.

however i will still use cetaphil moisturiser until the day that i die... and lancome mascara.

WendyLove

HSC
use baking soda to exfoliate, it kicks the shit out of scrubs

WendyLove

HSC
AlleyCat said:
i use mainly clinique now as ive found out i have highly sensitive skin. the three step program, balanced makeup and their lipstick. its awesome, i am converted for life i think.

however i will still use cetaphil moisturiser until the day that i die... and lancome mascara.
do you use the creme cetaphil moisturiser or the pump?

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
AlleyCat said:

omg
i have really sensitive skin and it was after using clinique that i realised it
it literally would burn off my face everytime i would use it. even though its fragrance-free etc etc, its really not formulated for sensitive skin. trust me.

i use cetaphil/avene (both for everyday)/thursday plantation tea tree (when my skin goes shit) cleansers
lalisse serum (for pimples when i get them)
ginvera green tea exfoliant gel
cetaphil moisturiser, except i might change again. its too heavy

makeup, well i dont wear alot. practically all of it i got free from work so i have heaps. revlon, loreal, rimmel, maybelline. no good stuff, cause then i'd have to buy it...

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
melimoo said:
omg
i have really sensitive skin and it was after using clinique that i realised it
it literally would burn off my face everytime i would use it. even though its fragrance-free etc etc, its really not formulated for sensitive skin. trust me.
cliniques products are definately not forumlated for sensitive skin types
they encourage their stupid 3 step program to everybody of all ages and all skin types.. which is horrible!
stupid sales assistants selling mature age that alcohol (probably metho) clarifying toner.. its WAY harsh and dries out skin soo baddd...there 3 different products are soo irradicle..the moisturiser is okay, on its own, but its not enough moisture to use after youve used the toner... etc etc..

stay away from clinique.. but i suppose each to their own!
all brands are very competitive, each have its good and bad, but there is many more better ones than clinique..
cheers!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Damn, i didnt realise it was multi-choice.

Well, for skincare i use

* Garnier Pure in the mornings
* Proactiv at night (otherwise it dries & is too harsh on skin to use all the time)

Makeup...hmm i have many diff brands but mostly

* Maybelline
* Loreal
* Australis
* Avon (some of it is really good, i like the eyliners & mascara)

HSC
i mostly use nutrimetics. good stuff. i use the John Freda(i think thats it) and its soooooo good. :)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
Lancome JUICY TUBES (I want the melon one).

Dermalogica, lush, chanel, estee lauder, and natio.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I have sensitive skin and I have use the mild Clinique facial soap and when needed, Clinique's Anti Blemish Soloutions Gel which gets rid of pimples overnight. I use QV moisturiser at night and Nivea sunscreen lotion in the morning. Make up wise, I'm using L'oreal infalliable makeup because I broke my bottle of Estee Lauder last week, I love love love Lancome mascara and I'm using L'oreal blush as well because it's the only colour I've found that actually suits me and it's cheap.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
face scrub and mask: lush
toner- garnier soft
lotion- cocoa butter formula
eyes- clique intensive eye cream (repairwear)
makeup remover - clique take the day off, decleor cleansing water or dove forming cleanser
once a week scrub/shitty skin rescuer - estee lauder idealist micro-d

eye shadows- lancome, clique, liz claiborne, guerlain & estee lauder
blush- estee lauder & maybeline
mascara- estee lauder magnaScopic, cover girl fantastic lash, covergirl professional
eyeliner- rimel liquid eyeliner, napoleon pencil liner
eyebrow- australis
lips- guerlain lipstick, she lipglosses, softlips, vov lipglosses, liz clairborn starlight express pack

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Wow, pity theres only a ten option poll!

I found that Clinique made my skin break out something savage when I tried it - which was sad as its supposed to be dermatologially tested etc. and for sensitive skin.

I discovered the Natio 'glow' skin brightener the other day and, whilst i don't think it makes that much difference to the appearance of my skin it smells gorgeous and certainly makes my skin feel really comfortable.

During the summer, I found Total Effects to be way to heavy on my skin and instead, Estee Lauder's ''Hydrator" (green bottle, oily skiin range) is absolutley superb, because it has no oil in it at all and just provides moisture for the skin. Smells delish too...

fionah

HSC
Wow, this thread really is providing me with an education in skin care, i honestly know nothing. Personally I use Garnier cleasner and then I moisturise with clinque moisturising cream. I also love loreal's foundation, it covers really well and it's so light.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)