Skincare/Makeup Brands (1 Viewer)

Which is the main brand of skincare/makeup that you use?

• Nivea

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Garnier

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Loreal

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Maybelline

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Natio

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Clearasil

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Clean & Clear

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Revlon

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Max Factor

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i use a paula's choice (www.paulaschoice.com.au) gel cleanser and chemical exfoliant (2% BHA) and am using up my skinjuice moisturisers (from my prior attempt with a beautician skincare line - unsuccessful but moisturisers are ok to use up) before i purchase paulas choice moisturisers
i use loreal true match makeup, which is surprisingly the best colour match ive gotten with makeup, even better than mac. im finding the texture a tad dry and powdery but it wont matter as much when my skin clears up
i used to use MAC studiotech which had a lovely texture but unfortunately didnt stay on well either. it was an okay colour match but a bit off (my skins really hard to match, very neutral, most brands are primarily yellow based or peach based)
i also used clinique superfit which was a great texture, stayed on okay, but colour was way off
ive used many many skin care ranges: clarins, simple, garnier, cetaphil...none have done anything for my very temperamental combination acne prone skin, but im hoping im on the money with paulas choice!! *fingers crossed*

i love my clinique "long pretty lashes" mascara, i hate the overloaded chunky lash look
i went thru a mineral makeup stage, and had jane iredale pressed powder and also a lovely pinky bronze blush colour which is great for summer
i have a loreal blush delice too, and a mac blushcreme in lillicent which is divine but my skins too oily for it atm
i have loads of cheap eyeshadows
my trusty black kohl eyeliner is rimmel, but i will be buying face of australia next cos my friend has it and its great
i wanna get a liquid eyeliner too
oh and face of australia lip glazes are ALWAYS in my handbag!

guys who are interested in makeup and skincare, check out www.forums.vogue.com.au its great

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
*didn't realise you could vote for more than one option :(*

Skincare: Nivea cleanser/toner/scrub/mask, and Olay moisturiser (I was trialling clinique products at one stage - ended up buying their moisturiser but detested feel of both cleanser and toner/alcohol on my skin)

Makeup:
Concealer - cheap Savvy stick, need to buy a new one - any suggestions for asian skin? I need it to have a yellow base!
Foundation - Up till a year ago I was using Revlon's 16hr liquid foundation when I needed it for the stage, however since then it's been a light layer of cheap Savvy (from Priceline) pressed power, if at all. Yay for settled hormones!
Loose Powder - some Translucent Max Factor one. God bless translucent, means you don't need to bother matching skin tone
non-liquid Eyeliner - I have several, don't ask me why. Napoleon, MAC and Mac Factor. Of the three, MAC is probably the weakest but they are all still pretty good.
Eyeshadows - MAC and L'oreal.
Mascara - L'oreal
Highlighter/white powder for highlighting - Estee Lauder
"Darklighter"/dark brown powder for shading - cheap Savvy one
Blush - Max Factor if I want something darker/brownier, otherwise a cheap David Jones one ($14) that does the job I require of it
Lipliner - Napoleon and Revlon
Lips - Revlon Colourstay lipstick, Revlon lipgloss - that shimmery one that comes in a glass tube thing, and The Body Shop lip balm.

Mind you, I rarely pull out all the stops/my entire jumbo makeup case these days. On a daily basis it's just blusher and lip balm :)

At some point in time I want to get far, far more Estee Lauder and Napoleon into my makeup collection. I LOVE those brands!!!

PS: Can anyone tell me whether you get the "flaky" feeling from Lancome Juicy Tubes? I've heard so much good stuff about them... I just HATE the feeling when your lipgloss starts drying up and starts getting flaky and annoying :(

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
kathelle said:
Where do you work?
at a chemist. its pretty good. i get all my skincare for cheap, most of makeup free, samples of new products (and if i steal enough, i can put them all into one bottle a'la ginvera exfoliant gel - no way id pay for that that but its heaps good.), perfume for extremely cheap (and free on birthdays :D)

and a continual supply of jellybeans :eek:

also, clinique moisturiser was ok but not that good for me to be paying however much i did for it.
if you've got really sensitive skin and are looking for a cleanser (someone said cetaphil irritated) try "avene rinse off cleanser" or whatever its called. a little pricey but pretty good imo. try it anyhow.

revlon skinlights is the only foundation i can bear to use too. everything else is way too heavy. ok i think thats it

HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
Wow, pity theres only a ten option poll!

I found that Clinique made my skin break out something savage when I tried it - which was sad as its supposed to be dermatologially tested etc. and for sensitive skin.
Same here. My skin didn't like the soap in the cleanser, and don't even get me started on the alcohol in the toner. I think I tried the 3-step program for about three days... since I still felt really "OMG GET THOSE PRODUCTS AWAY FROM ME!" after that (happily no breakouts as yet, I just instinctively knew the product had way too much alcohol in it for me), I stopped using it.

It seems to work really well for other people, though...

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Skin care:

baby oil (johnson&johnson)
loreal mosturiser
some korean product my bf's sis gave to me
Health Basic aloe vera mosturiser (yummy.. nice) to remove makeup
Garnier/Clean&Clear/or Loreal face wash (varies - but mainly use LoreaL)
Loreal Lipstick (mosturiser + gloss)

makeup:
MAC powder foundation
Missha liquid foundation
some korean (foundation makeup base) product my bf' sis gave to me.
Maybelline Mascara

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i tend to mix my products a little

everyday i use garnier pure skincare products
and clearisal skin perfecting cream

Maybelline foundation - ever fresh

lip gloss and i've hundreds - um usually a body shop one or chi chi

and i've got to get a new mascara as i had to thrown mine out yesterday...most liekly get a covergirl one

weekly i would use a body shop mask - either oatmeal and honey or blue corn i find them really good

and generally makeup i tend to have mostly maybelline, covergirl, avon and revlon

alby

cool duckie
HSC
what's a really good, inexpensive (under $5) lip balm? something that'll keep my lips moist (HATE flaky lips) and doesnt kiss off
i've got some vaseline that i used to use, but it didnt stay on..currently using some lip balm that mum picked up from aldi, ok but not the best

edit: also something that's redily availible (ie. can get it in chain stores, supermarkets or chemist-y places)

Last edited:

arrested development
HSC
alby said:
what's a really good, inexpensive (under $5) lip balm? something that'll keep my lips moist (HATE flaky lips) and doesnt kiss off
i've got some vaseline that i used to use, but it didnt stay on..currently using some lip balm that mum picked up from aldi, ok but not the best

edit: also something that's redily availible (ie. can get it in chain stores, supermarkets or chemist-y places)
Blistex or Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment. :uhhuh:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
MzbLaZeIT said:
my make up kit contains all of the above brands, as well as some professional cosmetic brands which i buy wholesale for my business
stage make up - kryolan, best concealer + foundation EVER.
KROYLAN. THE BEST. I have alot of Kroylan products in my makeup kit, cos im doing a part-time makeup course with Showface at the moment. Its costing me a fortune, Kroylan is just so expensive but well worth the pricetag. Besides buying my makeup at Priceline and Showface, i also go to Kit Cosmetics in Paddington. Theyve got so many international cosmetics brands, and oh so preeeeety.

For my personal makeup use and for my course, i have alot of brands such as:
MAC, Benetit, Maxfactor, Lancome, YSL, Chanel, Pout, Loreal, Maybelline, Australis, Covergirl, Bloom, Estee Lauder, NARS, Dior, Stila, Revlon Skinlights, Almay, Napoleon etc. I can open a friggen shop.

I LOVE Benefit's "benetint". Ive loved it ever since my relo brought it for me from the states a few years back. I also love the new benetint lip balm, the colour flush is so sexy. I also LOVE love Lancome Hypnose Mascara in blue.

For my personal skincare, i use Shiseido's "UV White" range, Loreal Happyderm Moisturiser, Origins Never a Dull Moment Skin brightening polisher, Shiseido White lucent serum, SK-II Facial Essence and Clarins Multi-active Night Lotion. I absolutely LOVE Avon cellu-sculpt cream, it is THE best for cellutlite on thighs. love love love.
argh, so many things i love. its making me sick

HSC
kimi said:
KROYLAN. THE BEST. I have alot of Kroylan products in my makeup kit, cos im doing a part-time makeup course with Showface at the moment. Its costing me a fortune, Kroylan is just so expensive but well worth the pricetag. Besides buying my makeup at Priceline and Showface, i also go to Kit Cosmetics in Paddington. Theyve got so many international cosmetics brands, and oh so preeeeety.

MAC, Benetit, Maxfactor, Lancome, YSL, Chanel, Pout, Loreal, Maybelline, Australis, Covergirl, Bloom, Estee Lauder, NARS, Dior, Stila, Revlon Skinlights, Almay, Napoleon etc. I can open a friggen shop.

I LOVE Benefit's "benetint". Ive loved it ever since my relo brought it for me from the states a few years back. I also love the new benetint lip balm, the colour flush is so sexy. I also LOVE love Lancome Hypnose Mascara in blue.

For my personal skincare, i use Shiseido's "UV White" range, Loreal Happyderm Moisturiser, Origins Never a Dull Moment Skin brightening polisher, Shiseido White lucent serum, SK-II Facial Essence and Clarins Multi-active Night Lotion. I absolutely LOVE Avon cellu-sculpt cream, it is THE best for cellutlite on thighs. love love love.
argh, so many things i love. its making me sick
I love Benefit too. I sitll need to get the Benetint stuff, and the Bad gal lash mascara and georgia blush.

by the way, where can you get Kryolan in Sydney or Australia? I've been after some of their products for so long!

Always

HSC
Skincare

Day:

Cleanser: Cetaphil
Moisturiser: Dermalogica Active Moist
Sunscreen: Clinique Super City Block
Lips: Blistex

Night:

Cleanser: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
Moisturiser: Estee Lauder Complete Moisture Creme in winter, Jurlique Calendula Cream in summer
Lips: Lucas Papaw Ointment
Scrub: baking soda mixed with Cetaphil twice a week
Mask: SKII Facial Treatment Mask once a week

Cosmetics:

I can't be bothered to list everything since the brands I use varies from Vaseline to Chanel.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i agree on about lucas papaw ointment! comes in tube for 4.95 =) last a while too!

i use a whole range of crap from (lush, mac, lancome etc)

in love with paulas choice bha 2% right now <3

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
alby said:

Carmex is awesome. I think it might be a little bit more than $5 but it'll last you ages because it's one of those ones in the pot, as opposed to a tube. I used to take Roaccutane and it dried out my lips something severe and Carmex was the only thing that worked and now I'm an addict.

The only thing is that the smell is a bit strong, but if you don't have really dry lips Blistex is pretty good as well OR if you want nice smelling ones, try Soft Lips.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
thecurtainfalls said:
I love Benefit too. I sitll need to get the Benetint stuff, and the Bad gal lash mascara and georgia blush.

by the way, where can you get Kryolan in Sydney or Australia? I've been after some of their products for so long!
OMG me too. I want to get the Benefit Eyecon as well. My friend has it, its the best. Brightens up your eyes and everything. OH and Benefit's "Honey...snap out of it" Scrub. I have really dull skin sometimes so i need HEAPS of brightening products and apprently, the scrub's really good.

From what ive heard (which is always wrong), you can only get Kroylan from 'Showface' in the Rocks (10 Argyle Place), 'House of Priscilla' on Oxford Street or 'Acmuse' in Annandale. I think theyre the only places in Australia that stocks the brand... or so ive heard? I guess you can get Kroylan from many SFX makeup store, i just dont know where else. I think there might be some stores that stock cosmetics for gay guys who will have it too. Or you can buy it online on Ebay and cosmetics internet sites.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
natstar said:
I think nivea lipcare is pretty good..around $3 something
they're ok but for really dry lips, they don't last long and you have to keep re applying them. I have the blue one.

A better one is the bright red tube of Bonne Bell Lip conditioner. It smells so good and stays on the lips conditioning for aaages.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
kimi said:

you definately know your make up girl!
hehehehe showface is where i get most of my make up supplies from! (GET THE KRYOLAN CONCEALER PALETTE FOR UR KIT, its the frikkennn bestttt) their eyeshadows are tops too! (compete with napoleon and wayy cheaper)
where is this kit place?? are they gooood???
what course are you doing there??
i would love to do their airbrush make up course! (along with spray tanning)
omggggggggg

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
MzbLaZeIT said:
you definately know your make up girl!
hehehehe showface is where i get most of my make up supplies from! (GET THE KRYOLAN CONCEALER PALETTE FOR UR KIT, its the frikkennn bestttt) their eyeshadows are tops too! (compete with napoleon and wayy cheaper)
where is this kit place?? are they gooood???
what course are you doing there??
i would love to do their airbrush make up course! (along with spray tanning)
omggggggggg
OMG. YEAH i have the Kroylan concealer pallete too. ITS SO GOOD!! I also LOVE the Kroylan TV paintstick. That has the BEST coverage as well. With Eyeshadows, im moreso leaning towards MAC but my friend and i found this shop in Surry Hills that has THE BEST colours, pigments and everything. It was sooooo cheap as well. The texture was so beautiful, we were drooling but cos we're literally broke atm, we cant get any...yet.

Im doing the Showface Professional Makeup Artistry Course atm, but when i finish it and get my certifcate- im going to do the Advanced Makeup Artistry Course. AND THEN i SO WANNA DO the Airbrush Technique course as well. IT SOUNDS SO COOL. Like it has tanning and face painting and tatooing. Argh, but like the equipment and everything is so expensive, particularly the Airbrushing kit. Its like, almost a grand.

Kit Cosmetics is in Paddington. Theyre alright i guess but its like a Mecca Cosmetica cos its preeeety BIG, theyre next to Sass and Bide on Oxford Street. Like, they have heapppps of brands- mostly by international makeup-artist established people- brands you cant find anywhere else in Australia. And its not just makeup, theyve got unisex skincare products too, etc. Some of the stuff is just realllly preety. Apparently theyre looking for part-time/casual people. Im soooo applying.

HSC
N/A
Ack, where is this "Showface"? I have heard of it so many time but as yet have not been able to find it! This Kroylan concealer sounds really really good!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Always said:
Skincare

Day:

Cleanser: Cetaphil
Moisturiser: Dermalogica Active Moist
Sunscreen: Clinique Super City Block
Lips: Blistex

Night:

Cleanser: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
Moisturiser: Estee Lauder Complete Moisture Creme in winter, Jurlique Calendula Cream in summer
Lips: Lucas Papaw Ointment
Scrub: baking soda mixed with Cetaphil twice a week
Mask: SKII Facial Treatment Mask once a week

Cosmetics:

I can't be bothered to list everything since the brands I use varies from Vaseline to Chanel.
cetaphil and baking soda? how does that work and what quantities do you need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)