Skins bio-performance technology? (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
A big name for an overpriced pair of tights?

Anyone use them for running? or other sports?
Anyone bought them? what do you think? would you buy them again? When do you use them? (i.e. trainings, the game/event, or warm down?)
Opinions.

NinjaSauce

HSC
If you train hard, eat well, and sleep enough and have everything else in your life under control...

Yeah, they are good. But useless unless you are getting the above basics done.

I own a pair of the 'recovery' pants, which i first got for travel, but liked them so much i... Also got a 'sport' full shirt too.

You can, but i don't, wear them when training, only when i am recovering, etc.

Also, if you can not 'fill them out', i.e: you a skin-and-bones dude, you won't get much out of them. They are to be worn tight and primarily to improve blood flow in the muscle.

You can Google reviews, and youtube for them. May give you some more info - as i am not a runner, and do not use as such.

There is also the weirdness factor that you are, in fact, wearing tights. Always weird and amusing.

Evilo

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Also, if you can not 'fill them out', i.e: you a skin-and-bones dude, you won't get much out of them. They are to be worn tight and primarily to improve blood flow in the muscle.
thanks for that. I do alot of running in events and i've seen a number of runners also wearing them. Unfortunatly i am a stick, so maybe not a good idea.
Thanks for your thoughts.

quik.

HSC
Just wanted to chime in, if you compete, but are not yet in that upper echelon, then there are plenty of other things that deserve more focus and attention than which pants you are wearing.

Evilo

HSC
well the long distance running event i do requires me to wear/carry 2 pairs of thermal underwear/skins. Hence the thought of replacing one of those pairs with skins.

kenny.

HSC
I wear them when I'm training for aths, but not for races (don't really need it for 100metres)
Also I wear them for matches (football...that's soccer btw) but not for training.

I wear the shorts skins btw. It's not that overpriced for the use I get out of it and I'll be getting another pair soon.
I've tried other brands like LineBreak, but Skins just feel so much better. It's worth it just for the feel-good factor lol. Also they dont get all soggy and uncomfortable when they get wet/sweaty so it's pretty awesome.

NinjaSauce

HSC
quik. said:
Just wanted to chime in, if you compete, but are not yet in that upper echelon, then there are plenty of other things that deserve more focus and attention than which pants you are wearing.
I agree whole heartedly!

I said... said:
If you train hard, eat well, and sleep enough and have everything else in your life under control...
A lot of people concentrate on the refined stuff before dealing with the basics.
Speaking on which... i need to go to bed.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I have the sleeveless skins top i use it 5 times a week for basketball and as soon as it wears out im buying another one.

I also have the powersox which i bought to help me with the fact i was getting really bad shin splints... which i now rarely experience these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)