Skins (1 Viewer)

HSC
Planning on buying it, must not to sure if its worth it.... any comments?

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
What were you going to be using them for? Yes, they are worth it, when used properly...Under armour and Performax are the "no frills" brands off compression clothing. Other brands include Nike Pro, Nike Pro Ultimate, Body Science and 2XU...(i have Nike Pro Ultimates and Nike Pro's)

HSC
I'm a NICKY fan too ^.^ haven't seen much product laterly k :)
I'll look into that, thx Buttigieg

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i remember seeing people in the city to surf wearing skins but just strolling along, not even jogging. useless.
people with too much money....

whats the mechanism of them anyway?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i remember seeing people in the city to surf wearing skins but just strolling along, not even jogging. useless.
people with too much money....

whats the mechanism of them anyway?
teehee my dad wears skins to touch football :eek:

something to do with heating muscles so you strain them less? iono
from the website:

Skins™ BioAcceleration Technology™ has been developed over years of scientific research. Ongoing testing of elite athletes have proven that Skins™ BioAcceleration Technology™ creates marked improvements in reducing the build-up of lactic acid immediately after periods of sustained exercise (2hrs and 15 mins up to 37% ), and allows for more rapid return to normal levels (up to 38% at 20 minutes). You experience less fatigue, minimise soreness and recover faster.

Skins™ is body-moulded compression performance equipment manufactured from the finest Lycra and Meryl Microfibre, scientifically engineered to provide support and muscle alignment to the smart-fabric covered area of your body. Skins™ will definitely change the way that you train and play as well as speed your recovery. You will feel fresher after heavy bouts of exercise and delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) will be minimised.

HSC
yeah, the sport store i went today was giving out brochure about it, which is y i got instrested, the way they descibe how the muscle feel cool and all, i kin of image like opening the freezer and that rush of cool air towards your skins

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
skins help in muscle recovery. So what i do when i play sport is wear mine after. Another good muslce recovery tip is ice baths/showers....after you have a shower, turn the hot water off completly, and stand in the freezing water (neck down) for 30 seconds, then quickly change the water to hot (not scalding) stand for another 30 seconds, and repeat this about 3 to 4 times and make sure you finish on cold. Then wear your compression clothing...you will feel great after, esp after a long work out or sports session! hope that helps :) (i work at rebel sport)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)