Skipping year 11 bio and starting year 12 (1 Viewer)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Hi all,
Im currently in year 11 and my teacher has told me to start working on year 12 biology and not too worry about year 11 biology. Year 11 content is basically not in the year 12 syllabus, besides patterns in nature. Is it a good idea?

Kanane

HSC
N/A
You'll be alright. Preliminary Biology is barely present in the HSC course apart from aspects such as xylem, phloem etc. Even then, you will revisit the content in greater depth. But I'm just basing this off the two core topics we've covered thus far -- Search For Better Health and Maintaining a Balance

norez

HSC
Patterns in nature is super important- all of the concepts of osmosis and diffusion, xylem and phloem and gas exchange are really important to Maintaining a balance- particularly the kidney and the blood. Make sure you understand evolution for Blueprint. Haha, I just reviewed the syllabus for year 11- Patterns is really important. All of the topics in Prelim really helped me in Earth and Environmental Science (a much underloved and underestimated subject). Make sure you have all of the skills for pracs and writing them up etc. I would do the Prelim- it gave me a foundation for understanding in all of my other subjects. :D

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Patterns in nature is super important- all of the concepts of osmosis and diffusion, xylem and phloem and gas exchange are really important to Maintaining a balance- particularly the kidney and the blood. Make sure you understand evolution for Blueprint. Haha, I just reviewed the syllabus for year 11- Patterns is really important. All of the topics in Prelim really helped me in Earth and Environmental Science (a much underloved and underestimated subject). Make sure you have all of the skills for pracs and writing them up etc. I would do the Prelim- it gave me a foundation for understanding in all of my other subjects. :D
These skills are very important, you should develop them early.

mecramarathon

HSC
what an epic teacher

all i remember my teachers saying is, "the preliminary is the key holder to success in the hsc. A low performance in the preliminaries means a low grade in the HSC. Maintaining good study habits during this time or you'll end up with a disappointing ATAR" PFfffft .....

but yeah you might want to start reading the hsc bio content in your prelim classes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)