skrzynecki help (1 Viewer)

yay

i have this assignment and i have 2 pick 2 of the poems from immigrant chronicle 2 relate to physical lourney.. iknow im doing crossing the red sea, i dont know which other one 2 pick??? does migrant hostel really relate 2 physical journey or is it more of an inner journey???
i cant stand poetry its 2 frustrating
help plzzz
i needed realted texts aswell, is finding nemo 2 childish should i go 4 a different option:confused:

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
all the Skrynecki poems relate to the physical journey in some way - you just have to manipulate them to do so

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
Man ur in luck. Skrzynecki came to my school today and gave us all a lecture on his poems. This is what he has to say

He splits his poems up into three catergoreys; "immigrant Experience, Non immigrant Experience, and Reflective effects of the Journey"

Crossing the red sea: he says that:

the "mock salute" of the sun comming down the horizon is to bring about a sense of physical presence of time, he talks time as an abstract concept and he told us to "imagine time comming in like a physical person"

He says the whole story of crossing the red sea was about saying goodbye to one life and comming into another life. the course of the journey is the actual obstacle and exile is the main theme of the poem.

Red in the poem stands for the bloodshed, hardship and sacrifices that the refugees had to endure, it also represents the hardship that they will need to go through in the future

More later.....

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
Migrant Hostel: skrzynecki says that:

The hostel was a former airforce training centre, and the barrier always gave him a sense of "not being able to get through". He emphasised the fact that how people chose to come to this country rather than stay in Europe and lose everything; he calls it a strugle.

"nationalities sought each other out instinctively/like a homing pidgeon circling to get its bearings". He comments on this that homing pidgeons are always raised at home; and where ever they go they will always come home. And he also comments on the fact that there were Europeans in the camps who forms ghettos to seek a sense of security.

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
Immigrants at central station: skrzynecki say that.

In real life, him and his mother had arrived in Sydney to catch a train going out to Surburbia (dont know where the hell that is, i mightve spelt it wrong). at the time he said "trains were called red-rattlers" because they were very primitive and rusty; no air-cond, no automatic stuff, no good seats etc.

The guillotine is the signal from the signla box; beack then he said there was none of em high tech stuff, so a guy sits in a signal box and when the time is right he pulls this lever and this big things comes swooshing down like a guillotine

I reckon he explained the last part of this very interestingly. he said the last stanza, shows polished tracks from the wheels running through (glistening tracks). He said it shows a "sign of optimistic ending, taking us into a bright and shiny future". But what was interesting was that he said that "even though you come to the end of your physical journey, time will not stop", and that was what the last stanza was trying to say.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
warning - i'm an 03er

but i would say migrant hostel does related to physical journies, the implications, what lies at the end, the unknown. they endured a physical journey to get to the migrant hostel.

yay

thank u so much....
the only problem i have no is linking all the poems, realted text and stimmulus together.... if any1 has anymore skrzynecki stuff.... please send it through... it would be much appreciated....

do u think my choice of the ivory trail is good 4 physical journey???

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I think ivory trail is a good one for physical journey depending on what aspects of skrynekci you are looking at because u have to speak about it interlinking with inner jorneys (thats my opinion anyway)

if you can write about it well i think its affective for physical joruney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)