skrzynecki (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
This is a stupid question but everyone is going crazy and coming up with crazy ideas and it's affecting me BUT:
Is there ANY possibility that they can prescribe the poems for skrzynecki?
People are starting to freak out about it.
I'm trying to tell them, that there is one question that applies to all prescribed texts and they just can't. But now, it's getting to me too.

ANY possibility?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
This is a stupid question but everyone is going crazy and coming up with crazy ideas and it's affecting me BUT:
Is there ANY possibility that they can prescribe the poems for skrzynecki?
People are starting to freak out about it.
I'm trying to tell them, that there is one question that applies to all prescribed texts and they just can't. But now, it's getting to me too.

ANY possibility?
Yes and no

mike12345678

HSC
tbh i dont think they can cause of the number of texts prescribed for beloning.
i was actually thinking the same thing but i think we should be alright

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Definitely not. Other prescribed texts such as the play As You Like it can not really be 'segmented' and so people can't be asked about specific Acts or what not. (Although they did do that in Mod B for Hamlet last year by asking them to refer to the end, but it was a critical study and most people reworked the question anyway which allowed them to talk about the play in its entirety.) So in specifying our texts, they would be giving people who do Skrzynecki a distinct disadvantage and that would be unfair.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
i think in there was a year where it specifically asked for a poem to talk about. but i doubt it would happen again.

mickk794

HSC
Yes it is possible, but is unlikely for BOS to tell you which poems to use.

For the HSC, I just know 2 texts in detail with language analysis :(

Roy216

HSC
I believe someone had told me that it could happen but I've yet to see a question that did that...

ianheartsyou

Eeyore
HSC
I asked my teacher this today, and he says that schools may choose specific poems in Immigrant assessment tasks but in the actual HSC they will make it pretty general :)
GOOD NEWS!

George121

HSC
It's a bit late, but you can never be specified a poem or extract in paper one due to the different texts that are studied by all English students - not everyone does Skrzynecki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)