Sky High question.. (1 Viewer)

M

mushi

what do u guys think this sentece means?

"where i was once the curious onlooker, i now write my own semaphore secrets in colorful t-shirts and mismathced socks"

i was thinking it would be something to do with that now the composer is older,she has more responsibilites, and instead of been a onlooker of the clothes, she has to hang them out by herself since shes aged.

but i was thinking there was more to this...any help ppl?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
well earlier on it suggests that she used to look at the clothing on the line as "coloured flags in a secret code"

you've pretty much summed it up - she's now taken on an adult role (the whole piece is about her 'change' from childhood to adulthood - maturity etc..)

she's now the one "creating" a secret code on the washing line...
hth a little

Dubya

failing physics
HSC
yes that is true but it also has another level of meaning which helps to convey the change from child to adult. children always tend to make stories out of inanimate objects. in this case she remebers thinking that the clothes on the washing line symbolised some sort of secret code when she was little. now that she's older she realises that there is no mystery to the clothes line (possibly due to the responsibilities she feels as an adult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)