sleep deprivation for HSC students (1 Viewer)

how many hours of sleep do you get per day on average, 08'ers?

• > 12

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 10 - 12

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • 8 - 10

Votes: 91 19.7%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 260 56.3%
  • < 6

Votes: 96 20.8%

• Total voters

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Went to bed at 4:15 am yesterday mronign, then got up at 6:57 am for school.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
davidbarnes said:
You never heard of saving to a USB? They're what, $10 now for a 1GB one?
Ha! That means nothing .. I was working on my final HSC SORII assessment the night before it was due on my laptop. It was saved on my USB because I'd been moving between my laptop and the computer adding photos .. At midnight I went to do the final save to print it off and the fucking thing corrupted and deleted the file from my USB. It didn't even save a backup copy.

To cut a long story short, I lost 6 hours of work and after totally freaking out I managed to rewrite what I had from the last print-off by 5am, then I gave up. Lucky my teacher was such a legend and gave me an extention without penalising me!

Moral of the story .. USB's won't save you. :(

OT though .. I used to only get 4-6 hrs sleep max during the HSC. Go to bed between 1:30 and 3:30 and wake up at 7:30. It got me through fine .. some how!

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
OMG...sleep at 1-3am

:S Do I have to do that to do good in the HSC? Does everyone who does good do that?

...And looking at the results...who the hell sleeps more than 12 hours!

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Shadose said:
OMG...sleep at 1-3am

:S Do I have to do that to do good in the HSC? Does everyone who does good do that?

I don't think you do. But without sterotyping, look at those who do succeed and do exceptionally well, most (not all) will study 6/7 hours a day and to do that you can't always go to bed at 11pm as desired.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Shadose said:
OMG...sleep at 1-3am

No, you can still get a decent amount of sleep but just have to make the most of the time you have and work/study productively. I found I worked more productively really late at night and earlier in the mornings, so I'd do nothing until around 8pm and then start because I couldn't get started before then.

That being said, I'd usually did around 4-5 hrs of homework after school (they hit us with work hard from the start to try and keep us motivated. This includes set work and assessments etc) .. Then try and do an hr or so of study. Just don't let study/homework totally own your life, it's not worth it! You're better off taking a break and doing something you enjoy than burning out!

ZJ NingNing

HSC
I am having so much sleep deprivation these days my left eye always swells a bit. it is quite annoying.

HSC:hammer:

a.Limjoco

HSC
haha yeah i almost fall over cause im so tired while im in the shower.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I still get around 7-8h of sleep each night :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
a.Limjoco said:
haha yeah i almost fall over cause im so tired while im in the shower.
my friend fell asleep in the shower once. i just.... i don't understand, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE

Prosper

HSC
theshortykatt said:
i try to go to bed at 9pm, but dont get to sleep till about 3 hrs later.. and i get up at 6 every morning...
everyone at my school seems to be relatively fine...
If you aren't tired at 9 and aren't getting to sleep until midnight, why would you go to bed at 9?!
Maybe this is why you are falling behind?! you are wasting 3 hours in bed trying to get to sleep every night :karate:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
last week i slept for like 30 mins in double business.
and the teacher didnt care, cause she knows im a gun.
she just told me i looked terrible, and then my english teacher pulled me out of class, and asked if i was ok..

i slept for like 3 hours that night.

good times.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I have to wake up at 6:30am for school (because it is far away) and usually don't go to bed until 9:30pm onwards.

Besides, even if i'm in bed I probably won't fall asleep for another hour or hour and a half.

I get unbelievably sleep deprived and can never wait until Saturday. I Love Saturday Sleep-in's!

th3awfultruth

HSC
I'm an insomniac. Sometimes, I stay up the whole night then go to school. >.> hmm... i don't feel tired at all and I can still concentrate in class. :)

a.Limjoco

HSC
Jachie said:
my friend fell asleep in the shower once. i just.... i don't understand, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
lol... its not like I try to fall asleep. thats how tired I am my eyes don't stay open willingly.

Butters!

HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
but like it is really unfair for people who live far from the school. I go to a selective high school and some of my friends have to catch the train for more than a hour to get to school. doesnt that suck?
It's like that for me. I have to wake up at 6.30 every friken morning excpet when i have a free first period. I get about 7-8 hours. Try to go to bed at 9.30 but usually don't sleep till 10-10.30.

Does anyone else who wakes up early feel more tired when you get over 8 hours sleep than when you don't? Maybe after 8 hours you go into a deep sleep and find it harder to wake up? I think teenagers are meant to get 9-10 hours a night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)