sleep: how much of it (1 Viewer)

HSC
7 hours is perfect
yeah it's better than most people's 6 hours

don't you need at least 8 hours of sleep to function properly LOL
8 or 9 hours lol
It's not about functioning properly because that's based on motivation. It's more the health effects internally (weaker immune system, head aches, drowsiness) and externally (having a face resembling a zombie)
I don't think anyone in yr12 oversleeps but that's bad too
How much sleep you cut in order to complete school related tasks is really dependant on what you need to do. It's a given that revising for an exam or finishing an essay that you need to hand in tomorrow is a higher priority than say... completing your chemistry homework that can be done at a later date. In my case, my sleeping times where typically as follows

Normal School Day: 10-11pm
Behind on homework: 10pm - 12am
Before most exams: 12am-1am
Before most HSC exams: 12am-3am
Before any given business exam: 4am-5am
are these sleeping hours...?

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
my mum tells me off when it's past 12 and i'm not asleep yet... hah. i try to at least get 7 hours, but most the time i end up with 5. but when i do sleep early (around 10) i tend to wake at 6 and work till school.. which is still not enough time to do random homework and revision/write notes.

i remember sleeping around 3 hours then i got sick the next day so i definitely don't recommend reducing sleep :// unless you gotta

i salute you, user Crisium

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
How much sleep you cut in order to complete school related tasks is really dependant on what you need to do. It's a given that revising for an exam or finishing an essay that you need to hand in tomorrow is a higher priority than say... completing your chemistry homework that can be done at a later date. In my case, my sleeping times where typically as follows

Normal School Day: 10-11pm
Behind on homework: 10pm - 12am
Before most exams: 12am-1am
Before most HSC exams: 12am-3am
Before any given business exam: 4am-5am
did sleeping at 3 during hsc exams tire you throughout the exam???

HSC
my mum tells me off when it's past 12 and i'm not asleep yet... hah. i try to at least get 7 hours, but most the time i end up with 5. but when i do sleep early (around 10) i tend to wake at 6 and work till school.. which is still not enough time to do random homework and revision/write notes.

i remember sleeping around 3 hours then i got sick the next day so i definitely don't recommend reducing sleep :// unless you gotta

i salute you, user Crisium
My mum tends to force me to sleep and tells me to finish stuff the morning after but I know I won't function that early- prouctivity is so low in the mornings that I do things 2 times slower

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
are these sleeping hours?
No. Woke up at 8am on School Days and 10am n non-school days (waking up at 6am on uni days now rip)

did sleeping at 3 during hsc exams tire you throughout the exam???
I abused the hell out of ritalin so no. If you can't do that it is not advized unless you really have to cram. If you can be ready for horrendous side effects

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
No. Woke up at 8am on School Days and 10am n non-school days (waking up at 6am on uni days now rip)

I abused the hell out of ritalin so no. If you can't do that it is not advized unless you really have to cram. If you can be ready for horrendous side effects
Kids don't use Ritalin

Exercise time management

matchalolz

HSC
i sleep 8 hours everyday hahahahahahahahaha
You said that you have no time, not because of poor time management but tbh I reckon that time management is the problem because everyone has 24 hours in a day and it's up to you how you spend it. If you have too much on your plate in terms of other commitments you should cut down on them because it can get to a point where it becomes unrealistic.

I know for a fact that I don't complete exactly everything that is set for me to do because I prioritise so much to the point where I'm only doing stuff that will help me do well in exams. this saves a lot of time and stress tbh I don't really care what teachers think of me because health is much more important

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
i sleep 8 hours everyday hahahahahahahahaha
You said that you have no time, not because of poor time management but tbh I reckon that time management is the problem because everyone has 24 hours in a day and it's up to you how you spend it. If you have too much on your plate in terms of other commitments you should cut down on them because it can get to a point where it becomes unrealistic.

I know for a fact that I don't complete exactly everything that is set for me to do because I prioritise so much to the point where I'm only doing stuff that will help me do well in exams. this saves a lot of time and stress tbh I don't really care what teachers think of me because health is much more important
ffs, i only had 6 hrs today #hsclyf :(

but yeah, like matcha said, prioritisation is crucial

(so much maffs to do, i cri)

12 hours bruh
do u even hsc

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Kids don't use Ritalin

Exercise time management
Well it's not like i haven't been taking it regularly for 6 years or anything as per perscription. I just went above my perscribed dose because it helped and i knew i could handle it. I don't think it's wise to go ahead and endourse ADHD kids to not take it during the HSC

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Your body has sleep cycles of about 90 minutes long, where iirc, light sleep, deep sleep, REM sleep and then light once again. You will feel a lot more refreshed and it is easier to wake up if you wake up in between cycles. Otherwise, you would be waking from deep sleep and feel pretty annoyed. That's why it's best to time your sleep, so: 4.5hrs (if really necessary lel), 6hrs, 7.5hrs (perf), 9hrs

Also your body LOVES patterns and schedules, so its best for you to try and wake up at the same time everyday. Even if you've stayed up ages working on something, if you wake up late, and it continues for a couple days like this, then your body will start to change its sleeping pattern.

So i like to wake up at 6-6:30 am most days (like 7-8 on weekends, depending), and so using the 90 minute thing, i try to go to sleep at 10:30-11pm(7.5 hrs sleep), or 12-12:30(6hrs). I feel a lot more refreshed when i wake up cuz im not in like a half-sleepy state,and my body is used to getting up early.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Weekdays : 1am to 7am
Weekends 2am - 10am

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Lol I remember most of year 12 was something like:

School days: 3am-6am
Weekends: 1am-10am
HSC: 4am-6am

Holidays: 1am-1pm

By now you should've figured out how many hours you need and after which point you turn into a zombie and can't function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)