• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sleep Patterns!!! (1 Viewer)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Yeah, during the HSC I was a nightowl. I was up until all hours and I used to keep sane by watching Big Brother up late.

Watching big brother drives me insane

Anyway, having insomnia I've always had strange sleep patterns, just now they're even stranger and I have even less sleep.

And yeah, assignments are stupid, and whoever's idea it was to introduce assignments into the HSC ought to be shot!

MoNNiE

HSC
sleep at 3am wake up at 7:30am :)
every day and nite!
cept maybe holidays

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
10hrs worth of sleep in two days, that doesnt sound too good.
To some of us, that sounds fantastic.

I go to bed around midnight/1am, get up at 5.25am to watch Japanese news on SBS (it's necessary, believe me, if I don't have at least 2 hours before I head off to school, I'm not awake by the time I get there).

I'm only in yr 11, and I don't do homework, or study, or most assignments... Question is, where is my time going? (Possibly related to Internet usage, i.e BoS, LJ, procrastinating.)

HSC
damn euro 2004!

damn Fox for showing the games at f*cking 2:00 and 4.45am!

damn English Extension for giving me 18 000 word portfolio tasks!

damn living 75 mins train ride away from school!

olay

HSC
i usually sleep at 12:30 each school night and wake up at 7 on mon, tues and thurs; 7:50 on wed and fris. weekends its usually 1:30-2:30am sleeps and 9am wake ups.

so i function on less sleep than most ppl, which is why i have permanent bags under my eyes [since yr 8 or sthg :S how bad is that!!]. BUT i can get by easily with little to no sleep and feel fine/full of energy as soon as i'm out of bed [i feel horrible when i wake up though].

however, i don't think it's very healthy. get as much sleep as you can, folks!!! [plus, you don't want permanent bags under ur eyes like me - ewwy.]

sassy em

its not cool but think about its not long to go and what about if u start your assessments earlier than ONE day before its due?!!! Im doing the last of my assessments for every subject...HOORAY :)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by olay
i usually sleep at 12:30 each school night and wake up at 7 on mon, tues and thurs; 7:50 on wed and fris. weekends its usually 1:30-2:30am sleeps and 9am wake ups.

so i function on less sleep than most ppl, which is why i have permanent bags under my eyes [since yr 8 or sthg :S how bad is that!!]. BUT i can get by easily with little to no sleep and feel fine/full of energy as soon as i'm out of bed [i feel horrible when i wake up though].

however, i don't think it's very healthy. get as much sleep as you can, folks!!! [plus, you don't want permanent bags under ur eyes like me - ewwy.]

recently i find if i sleep at midnight or 30min after, and then wake up at 7 as you do Im so much more energised than if i slept til 8am

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I go to bed at 9:30 pm everynight. I study during the day at lunch and recess.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
I go to bed at 9:30 pm everynight.
how can you get to sleep so early every night? i mean, yeah, i go to bed at 9.30 very very occasionally if im super tired, but not every night! if i tried that, id be awake at 4!!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
how can you get to sleep so early every night? i mean, yeah, i go to bed at 9.30 very very occasionally if im super tired, but not every night! if i tried that, id be awake at 4!!!
Its a habbit iv'e gotten used to. I find that if l go to sleep at 10pm or 10:30pm l end up very tired in the morning.

So l go to bed at 9:30 and wake up feeling very wide awake.

I do occasionally go to bed later (depending on what is on tv or if l have to finish off some homework), but no later than 11pm.

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
bed at 10.30 every nite, regardless. wake up 7 every morning. and im sweet for the next day. no need to study during school unless in study periods, or stay up to all hours of the night.

asha_ramirez

HSC
I need 11 hours sleep i've worked out... which means I have to be in bed by about 7:30pm... *cough* Usually I sleep one night, and stay up for the next one, then i'll have the following night awake until about 3am then go to sleep and sleep all the next day. I don't go to school as much as I should because I've screwed up my sleeping pattern and I don't care. I didn't sleep last night, I may sleep tonight, but ultimately it doesn't matter because if I go to uni I'll only be able to sleep less, so whoopdi-freaking-do.

HSC
i stay up till at least 12:30 every night during school..but i didn't waste so much time bludging, i'd go to bed at around 11

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i havent slept properly for a week now
cramming these assessments off before the holidays!

chouboi

im in bed by 2-3AM and wake up at 7:30-8
or its sleep at 11-12 and wake up at 5AM to study
im also cramming these assessments
ive got 2 assessments today, one after another ... mathematics and english
im gonna die...

soiled_poncho

Assesments will be the death of me also.

I had eight in two weeks. I swear that's not allowed, but I finished them before I thought of that.

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
Well i do all my Assement tasks on the weekends, so no social life for me!, and go to bed at no earlyer than about 11 - 11.30 then get up to go to school by about 6.
So i live on Little sleep.
BUT these things happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)