• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sleep (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
ong, and you said that you haven't been studying hard? LOL! I slept when I was studying for physics .. but that was only for 5 mins. The last thing I remember was myself saying 'convectional current'. Stupid studying .. look at what it's done to us :hammer:
LOL I haven't been studying hard... I've been sleeping instead of studying...
either that or on MSN while studying...like you know I was on msn while studying for my Religion exam.

LOL - you need to learn how to sleep longer!

Also I was listening to 'Sound of my dream' while studying... so that's probably a main factor to why I fell asleep :p

http://www.esnips.com/doc/0d11f2d7-69dd-4da8-9b8a-02dde48b17ea/Sound-Of-My-Dream - even though it's techno, the beginning makes me sleepy.
*The mandarin version is even sleepier

Last edited:

HSC
"nervous laugh" i thought you would have forgotten that xD
Doctor Jolly said:
And lets not forget the times when you slept during study time :p

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL I haven't been studying hard... I've been sleeping instead of studying...
either that or on MSN while studying...like you know I was on msn while studying for my Religion exam.

LOL - you need to learn how to sleep longer!

Also I was listening to 'Sound of my dream' while studying... so that's probably a main factor to why I fell asleep :p

http://www.esnips.com/doc/0d11f2d7-69dd-4da8-9b8a-02dde48b17ea/Sound-Of-My-Dream - even though it's techno, the beginning makes me sleepy.
*The mandarin version is even sleepier
Oh yeah. I remember that. Nope, I full-fledged studied for all my exams. I didn't touch the computer. And my internet ban helped me too :)

Yes!! I do sleep long already :D My brain just wanted to wake me up b/c it knew I had to study hard for my 3u maths exam which was right after physics :p Sleeping for more than 5mins when studying is detrimental!

Jay Chou's songs make me sleep :rolleyes:
☆ said:
"nervous laugh" i thought you would have forgotten that xD
NEVER :D

Yvonne: Hi Carmen. God you look tired.
Carmen: Omg, I can't believe it, I slept while studying last night. It was 8 and I woke up at 11.

haha. Good times.

omg. provided that none of posts get deleted, that was my 1000th post. woopie.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Oh yeah. I remember that. Nope, I full-fledged studied for all my exams. I didn't touch the computer. And my internet ban helped me too :)

Yes!! I do sleep long already :D My brain just wanted to wake me up b/c it knew I had to study hard for my 3u maths exam which was right after physics :p Sleeping for more than 5mins when studying is detrimental!

Jay Chou's songs make me sleep :rolleyes:

NEVER :D

Yvonne: Hi Carmen. God you look tired.
Carmen: Omg, I can't believe it, I slept while studying last night. It was 8 and I woke up at 11.

haha. Good times.

omg. provided that none of posts get deleted, that was my 1000th post. woopie.
I tried to steal your internet ban idea... didn't work - so I ended up multitasking like a woman and study while on MSN and listening to music - big mistake :p

Sleeping for more than 5mins when studying is NOT detrimental ... it helps you take a rest... and it gives you this delightful hangover feeling, and it also messes up your hair... giving it that 'wasted' look :p

Congrats on your 1000th post btw... pff I'd never post on BOS :p

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
I tried to steal your internet ban idea... didn't work - so I ended up multitasking like a woman and study while on MSN and listening to music - big mistake :p

Sleeping for more than 5mins when studying is NOT detrimental ... it helps you take a rest... and it gives you this delightful hangover feeling, and it also messes up your hair... giving it that 'wasted' look :p

Congrats on your 1000th post btw... pff I'd never post on BOS :p
haha! Oh yeah you told me about your failure on that over Facebook xD

I really question the word 'delightful' in your sentence there. HAHA. I don't know if sleeping on my arm (as I was) could mess up my hair .. it would most likely stop my blood circulation and give me a 'delightful' numbing sensation when I wake up.

Thanks. :shy:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
haha! Oh yeah you told me about your failure on that over Facebook xD

I really question the word 'delightful' in your sentence there. HAHA. I don't know if sleeping on my arm (as I was) could mess up my hair .. it would most likely stop my blood circulation and give me a 'delightful' numbing sensation when I wake up.

Thanks. :shy:
LOL it really is delightful... it does wonders to my look - who needs hairdressers when you have sleep :p

Aww what... I wish I had a numbing sensation after I woke up... I'm missing out!

TunaFish

HSC
My sleep patterns were truly hectic during finals week. There wasn't one day were I'd gotten more than 5 hours of sleep, and all the exams that I took were sub-par in terms of performance compared to the halfyearlies when I'd gotten a normal dose of rest :(

Someone once told me that 1 hour of powernapping is worth 3 hours of study time.
Can't find the scientific explanations for it, but personally, I do believe it's true.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I remember i had a history assignment/assessment way back in term 1.
It was a booklet of 15 pages. It had source analysis, extended responses etc we had about 5 weeks to do this, but i left it to the last two days.
On the second last day i managed to start it at 9pm but soon gave in to temptation and hit the bed at 11pm.
The absolute last day to do it then came. I started it at the local library from 3 something to 5:50pm, came home continued with very limited breaks i.e. 10 mins.

Had dinner , shower etc. By the time i was halfway through the booklet it was 2 am. I knew i still had alot of work to finish off.

So i went to lie down on the couch to rest my head, thinking i wouldn't fall asleep and continue with the work afterwards. i deliberately left the lights on in the living room, to make sure i wouldn't fall asleep (i was working in the living room to stay away from the bedroom:lol:). It didn't work, i ended up waking up at 4am on my bed with all lights switched off including the living room. *very very strange*

I must have been sleep walking. There was no other explanation, i even asked my rents in the morning if they carried me off to bed but they said no. :eek: *strange*

Anyway i tried no think about it too much as it was 4 something and had only about 3 hours left to finish the history assignment.
Ended up finishing it and got to school on time, ready to hand in.

I got 97%, win win, even though i didn't intend on taking a power nap it probably saved me, because it actually made me work more efficiently.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
TunaFish said:
My sleep patterns were truly hectic during finals week. There wasn't one day were I'd gotten more than 5 hours of sleep, and all the exams that I took were sub-par in terms of performance compared to the halfyearlies when I'd gotten a normal dose of rest :(

Someone once told me that 1 hour of powernapping is worth 3 hours of study time.
Can't find the scientific explanations for it, but personally, I do believe it's true.
True, I often feel a lot more alert after a power nap... unless I fall asleep while studying... then I just feel all sluggish!

Evertonian

HSC
4-6 hours of sleep is plenty of sleep for me. It takes me about 1 -1 1/2 hours to doze off each night so thats like. Thats why i find it difficult to power nap.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Evertonian said:
4-6 hours of sleep is plenty of sleep for me. It takes me about 1 -1 1/2 hours to doze off each night so thats like. Thats why i find it difficult to power nap.
LOL
I can go to sleep at generally any time of the day... but that's probably because I always feel tired to some extent.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
True, I often feel a lot more alert after a power nap... unless I fall asleep while studying... then I just feel all sluggish!
They've got names for napping times now? :eek:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
the-derivative said:
Yes I do... I'll have to say goodbye to it next year and also in uni... :(
i'll probably end up sleeping while doing research in year 12 and University... :p

Just use the Wikipedia references.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)