Sleep (1 Viewer)

Are you getting enough sleep?

• Total voters

SleepRevived

HSC
How much sleep are you all getting? It is actually recommended that teenagers should be getting 9-10 hours of sleep everyday! Pretty crazy given how busy everyone is (especially during HSC period and year 12 in general). Nonetheless, sleep is really critical for brain and body development during adolescence, and yet I know many people, including myself in the past, sacrifice a lot of sleep during high school.

Sleep deprivation is pretty much an epidemic at this point, and it's leading to number of physical and mental health issues that students are struggling with everyday. I'm really trying to bring awareness to this issue so i made this little infographic

But yeah tell me, are you getting enough sleep? If not, what's the cause of it? Are you feeling any of the above symptoms?

We're getting more and more sleep deprived and it's time to start discussing it and taking it seriously. Feel free to check out my blog for even more stuff

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I want to sleep 8 hours a day during exam periods, but I usually end up with 4-6 :D

Haven't slept more than 8 hours in like 5+ months

si2136

HSC
N/A
7-8 Hours of sleep. Approx 11:00 - 6:00

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
when u kids get to uni u will understand sleep deprivation

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i live next to a train track this semester and freight trains wake me up at 5am. I usually get back to sleep for another 1-1.5 hours after this.

also I struggle to fall asleep before midnight so yeah my sleep is fucked

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
which although is between 6-6.5 hours of sleep, I sill feel like shit and I think its because waking up in the middle of sleep cycles or w/e fucks you up and the 1-1.5 hours of sleep after this are really shit quality

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
To think that once upon a time (year 7-9 days) i used to sleep between 9:30 - 6:30.
Now i dont go to bed before 1 even if i tried

OrlandoErickson

HSC
N/A
Well, Sometimes I'm sleeping 3 hours a day. Sometimes, I can sleep up to 12+ hours when i'm tired.

SleepRevived

HSC
which although is between 6-6.5 hours of sleep, I sill feel like shit and I think its because waking up in the middle of sleep cycles or w/e fucks you up and the 1-1.5 hours of sleep after this are really shit quality
Sorry to here about that freight train, that really sucks since that would basically be waking you up at the most critical and important part of the sleep cycle. Do you feel any of the symptoms in my infographic?

Funny you mention struggling to fall asleep before midnight. That's actually a major issue for teenagers because puberty shifts your body clock a couple hours forward. It delays the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone, so you don't feel sleepy until a lot later at night. The result is that a large majority of teenagers are sleep deprived :(

Surprisingly good responses overall in this thread though. Pleasantly shocked to see there's a lot of people getting around 8 hours of sleep and going to sleep before midnight. You're doing your body a great service, this age group needs sleep more than any other age group in existence. It really is essential for body and brain development.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
definitely 1, 2, 5 and 7. Getting a lot of headaches too.

DylanSheridan

HSC
N/A
I got a lot of headaches too when I am about to wake up.

Study shows that lack of sleeping leads you faster to death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)