Sleeping issues (1 Viewer)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Who else have issues with sleeping?
For me, I try sleeping early at like 1
But I just roll around
Toss and turn for a few hours maybe
Like I don't know... I just can't fall asleep like I had use to..

And now it's 5:13 AM in the morning, I don't know how I'm gonna sleep and wake up on Monday...

HSC
I have been having trouble sleeping too, i won't get to sleep for hours and then when i do i will wake up.. i am not stressed or anything, i have tried different bed time routines, like having a shower, not having a shower until morning, reading, going to bed later and going to bed eariler, nothing is working.

I do not believe it has affected my exams though

crammy90

HSC
i goto bed most nights around 930. wake at 7. been doing this for a while. i used to be like you guys. what i started doing was regular exercise at about 4. then eat at like 5:30-60 a decent meal. And when its about 9:30 id just go lay in bed if i couldnt sleep. now im used to it and can do it. it just takes time. i think the exercise helped alot. and eating big meals makes you tired as your body uses energy to process it and what not
just my opinion though of how to get into routine

Kalashnikov47

HSC
Damn I didnt sleep well on Thursday night~~~probably that's why I screwed my creative lol~~~

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
yeh i've been having fucked sleep

eversince sunday or monday night, i haven't been getting to sleep until about 3 or 4 and then i would sleep in

i tried to regulate my sleep by setting an early but i would always sleep through it :(

the night before paper 1 i got into bed at 10.30 and still didn't sleep till about 2 or 3. woke up at 5 to do revision and then did my exam and came home and slept

again last night didn't sleep till 3, but forced myself up at 7.30 so hopefully this works!

:)

friction

HSC
I have had these problems my whole life so i got myself some sleeping tablets and they work quiet nicely.

Lordie

HSC
Indeed, I've got the same problems. Wake up in the middle of the night shouting themes and techniques (No, not literally, but it's just as bad. :p)

charlesdinio

HSC
Yeah most people are on the same boat..
Before business I knew I wouldn't be able to get to bed before 2ish, I just become stupidly restless and start thinking shit.
I know a few of my mates take sleeping pills.. but they say you can only use them for the exam period, like the night before one, because ur body gets used to them

Instinct77

HSC
when your sleeping patterns are out of wack, best thing to do is slowly get up earlier each day by 30 mins and same with going to bed.

go to a chemist and ask for "restavit" take 1-2 tabs 20 mins before bed, easiest way to have an early night and get back on track for exams.

i'll be doing this tonight for sure :).

gordon.tan2008

HSC
1. Sleep early wake up early to study - better than waking up all groggy and forgetting everything
2. No MSN or Facebook - these are boring for me anyway
3. Do not eat just before you sleep - some people might have a history of bad stomach, gastrointestinal problems (a stomach ulcer made me skip the chemistry trial exam )
4. Do not watch movies - even if its a related text, blame yourself for not being prepared
5. Meditate - If your alone in your bedroom yu might as well do anything to rpevent chronic stress
6. Do not talk to people when you arrive at your hsc venue - people who ask you for tips and help just before you walk in are focused to set your mind off track, blame them for not being prepared
7. If you screw up just go home and focus on next exam do not deprecate yourself by discussion with friends - if you do well make sure you talk to them about exam so they have a chance of failing, let your inner demons out
8. If you felt confident when you walk out tell your teacher that you failed - at least it gives other students a feeling you did fail so you give them a nasty surprise at the end of the year, good tactic against people who are extremely competitive with you
9. !good luck for the rest of HSC

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Herbal relaxants or anti-anxiety pills. Probably doesn't sound like the best idea, but it works. Just have like, a little piece of the tablet though, not the whole thing. It just takes the edge off the stress and you usually have a dreamless and restful sleep, which is pretty good =)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
why so serious?

i dont understand the stress.
its another set of exams, that is all.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Baby, did you forget to take your meds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)