Slow-down of metabolism as we age (1 Viewer)

Nat3skiz

HSC
GreenLeaf said:
Hey Fairy, I'm in a very similar situation. Same BMI, have a great motabolism, and I was 48k in year 12, but during the 2nd christmas after yr 12, I somehow kept fluctuating between 51-54k and it stayed around 53 for quite some time.
But it was probably due to excessively eating cake, chocolate, etc etc... (i'm a chocolate addict)
I solved this weight gain, by giving up a few weeks, of just running. Running up a hill for 20 minutes every day, for 3 weeks or so. 20 minutes turned to 30 minutes, and 30 minutes turned to 40 minutes... Also did some tennis and swimming in between those weeks. I lost about 1 kilo a week, and now back to 49k. Now I'm eating less junk to maintain this weight. I think jogging really helped. Just don't starve yourself, because this may actually put on weight if your body gets hungry.
it wont put on weight but your body may store more fat as a result, due to it not recieving its normal amount of carbohydrates. I dont see how its possible to put on weight without eating...

"But it was probably due to excessively eating cake, chocolate, etc etc... (i'm a chocolate addict)"
that was exactly why.

boris

Banned
HSC
Let's just leave it at this guys;
At 20-25 your metabolsim does not slow enough to account for excess weight. It's more likely you're just eating too much, or your caloric intake is higher than should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)