slow.. (1 Viewer)

juggernaut

HSC
switching to another forum, after posting a reply and its sending you back to your post, after sending a pm, etc.... it is fucken slow as!

for eg- it just took 35 seconds for me to get from general forums back to the board of studies forum list so i could get into here

and i have cable (optus) too..

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
This forum has been suddenly been hit with a large influx of people. (Probably HSC stress :p)

There are usually constantly over 100 people on this forum at once. Hence quite a bit of lag. It's nothing to do with your connection.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Remember what I was talking about before I left last night Ragerunner? :rofl:

Yeah, it's the 100+ logged in users... not me!

24 (now 28) Windows... what are you talking about! :rolleyes: :D :D

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
bah this isnt efficient huy
see, as an indivdual, u get faster speed by opening more windows, but as a whole, u disadvantage everyone else as everything becomes slower! and because everyone is individually orientated, everyone will soon do the same as u, and therefore, destroying this server!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
nah, it is faster with more windows, even if it takes longer to send messages, as for destroying the server though...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Damn it, I want my "filters" installed, LOL. (See the suggestions/ideas thread).

I hate having to come back to see "new posts" and going through 10-20 pages of new threads, however most of them are for subjects I don't even do :p

My suggestion was to implement a system whereby individual users are able to customise which forums they do, and do not want to view. When new threads are created, subjects which are not applicable to such users will then be filtered off, leaving behind the threads, sections and forums users wish to view, and have an ardent interest in :)

Looks like I'll tone it down now... the Forum Leader has spoken :)

/edit
If it seems faster now, it's because ...well, I have 3 windows :rolleyes:

Hehehe can I say: "it wasn't me?" :)

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
LIES!

We must find a way to Haxz0r Huy's computer.

Bandwidth Stealer!!!

*points and stares at Huy*

Actually I was looking at the bottom bar and only found 1 BOS window. Took me a while to see their all above the screen -_-

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
plays shaggy's *it wasnt meeh*...

hey justin timbalake minai....... u know justin's new deal with maccas sounds rela gay? he got a new song called *i am lovin' it* which is the maccas's theme song..and he gets paid to make in store appearances in the states..and he has to greet the staff and all dat...and then in hardcopy advertisign eg: brochurs...he says things lyk * i love macdona;lds* blha blah...so lame... but apart from that he is coolies..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Actually I was looking at the bottom bar and only found 1 BOS window. Took me a while to see their all above the screen -_-
haha same, i was wondering what the point of that post was

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
hey justin timbalake minai....... u know justin's new deal with maccas sounds rela gay? he got a new song called *i am lovin' it* which is the maccas's theme song..and he gets paid to make in store appearances in the states..and he has to greet the staff and all dat...and then in hardcopy advertisign eg: brochurs...he says things lyk * i love macdona;lds* blha blah...so lame... but apart from that he is coolies..
reminds me of pepsi

Huy

HSC
N/A
We must find a way to Haxz0r Huy's computer.

There's an idea: "let's try to hack Huy's computer"

and why is it "we" vs Huy, which coincidentally is pronounced as "we" :p

Great browser: Mozilla/Firebird...I've used Firebird (formerly Phoenix), but Mozilla does it for me with tabbed browsing (multiple windows within the 1 "main" window, instead of having everything all over the place. Good for blocking pop-ups :))

I'm innocent, innnnnocennnnt! :D :D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
hahhahha.

You say you are innocent and at the same time prove that you are guilty with that picture :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
hahhahha.

You say you are innocent and at the same time prove that you are guilty with that picture :D
Hello!

*knocks Ragerunner's skull*

The innocence = wit
The picture = acceptance of guilt

I know what I was doing! LOL. I was just demonstrating my 'funny' side, which obviously didn't work on you :p

Maybe I should have typed:

Yeah, it's the 100+ logged in users... not me! *looks around*

*mischievous grin*

lag??!
...what are you talking about! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :p :p

*runs*

That would have been my more "subtle" way of saying "it was my fault..." - but you didn't pick up on that hehehe ;) :p

Just kidding Ragerunner!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Argh Damnit!

I forgot again. Heres a make up for last post! hahah

:) :D :p :apig: :rolleyes: :eek: :argue: :chainsaw:

Huy

HSC
N/A
LOL

far out, that's my "in-built auto-guard defence system" :rolleyes: (rolling my eyes at the name, not you ;))

When people post without, or with little emoticons... I treat it as hostile and "unfriendly" (LOL, it's the in-built auto-guard defence system :p).

So I kind of went on the retaliatory.

My mistake, Rahul does this too hehehe (uses very little emoticons... so I think he's very serious and if he makes a joke, I don't think he's joking so I "comeback")

I'll have to remember to take posts less seriously (my lame excuse: this isn't the Non-School section, everyone's serious here! LOL) ;)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
well i added a "hahahha" at the front

and a smiley at the end :p

Ok from now on every post i'll make sure i got 8 emoticons (non serious ones)

:) :D :p :apig: :rolleyes: :eek: :argue: :chainsaw:

Huy

HSC
N/A
well i added a "hahahha" at the front

and a smiley at the end :p

Ok from now on every post i'll make sure i got 8 emoticons (non serious ones)
LOL don't over do it, then nobody will take you seriously ;)

I thought the "hahahaha" was one of the:

"OMG MAN, you suck hard... I'm laughing at your stinking face!" kind of hahaha's

And it was awfully lengthy (the laugh), which made me question it. LOL!

*shuts up*

:)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
LOL don't over do it, then nobody will take you seriously ;)
I guess that could be better than everyone taking me seriously :p

i guess thats what the UAI/HSC section does hahhaha.

I'm more interesting in explaining scaling/aligning or giving help rather than predictions.

I just don't believe that people should really ask for them. It can give false confidence.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I just don't believe that people should really ask for them. It can give false confidence.
Yep, hence the (temporary) addition to my signature. Chainsaw was for effect ;)

I've always mentioned something about predictions offering a false sense of security. (Run a search, I've said it a few times in this forum)

:)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
After the HSC exams, I'm gonna have to work overtime replying to make up for lack of posts.

Damn HSC!!!! Almost over...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)